Holy shit!! bad ass burn out!!!

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

product1620

Holy shit!! bad ass burn out!!!

Post by product1620 »

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/fie ... 9EC931.htm

I wonder what engine he has in there?
what do yall think?
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

doesnt' sound deep enough for a V8. sounds like a v6 of some sort.

love the one wheel peel
product1620

Post by product1620 »

love the one wheel peel
yea I noticed that too; dosen't someone make a posi trac kit for the getrag?
I heard somthing about it but can't remember the name.
1998 Mustang GT
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

That is a car that some guy over at P.F.F claims is 600+ hp twin turbo 2p8l. Yah, I didn't bother calling bullshit...

Good luck finding a post though, he doesn't post much. I'll search around for it though, I know it was in a forced induction thread.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

Aaron wrote:That is a car that some guy over at P.F.F claims is 600+ hp twin turbo 2p8l. Yah, I didn't bother calling bullshit...

Good luck finding a post though, he doesn't post much. I'll search around for it though, I know it was in a forced induction thread.
twin turbo 2.8? 600 + hp? umm ok, yea you hit that one right on, no comment nessasary
cough :tool: cough
1998 Mustang GT
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I searched around and wasn't able to find it. It's bugging me now...
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

FOUND IT!
Mika Ruusuvuori wrote: Hi guys !
Sorry I have been out from Pennock for quite some time now but the project is now
going forward and the new transmission is in <-- more about that later ! !

Here is small proof of what you can do with Fiero engine, it´s a very good source of power !

You guys who are calculating and telling people that forexample the fiero´s intake manifold don´t flow enough,
it´s bull **** ! Only problem is the last corner on the cabin side after the throttlebody, with high boost levels like 1,8 Bar the air amount that flows to that cylinder is slightly bigger than to the others and we have to compensate that by running other cylinders too rich... We have absolutily no proof that this is the situation, it´s only been thought to be the reason because the spark plug is white compared to the other cylinders beeing brown/black, other issue would be bad injector but my good friend has same problem with his similar but lower powered turbo setup ??? Any ideas ???

We have actually taken out few runs from my Fiero engine with over six hundred hp on dyno. Yes, I know, It won´t last that power in continuous use / drag racing but there is potential in this engine if it´s build right !

Off course this engine is highly modded but all the needed high power components can be bought
from stores and they are not that expensive. Most expensive part is the machinig of the heads and
the places for the cylinder copper rings for the block.

Anyway, here is a small burnout video with broken th125C (the end differential gears and clutch plates for no 1 & 2 gears are busted) and original torque converter is in place, before we took the tranny out this is the last drive. (You know with big turbo and cam, you have no low rpm power /torque what so ever, so the take off is slightly slow here... heh heh )

http://www.kolumbus.fi/mika.ruusuvuori/fiero.wmv

In this movie we used only 0,5 Bar of boost.

As I earlier told, I have swapped in the totally rebuild and strenghtened 4t60 tranny and 3000rpm stall drag converter, now we get to the right rpm range to really take off, and I mean FAST !

BTW: I have huge problems with setting up this new tranny <-- I will start ne thread to the technical side of Old Europe and hope for some ideas...

Last, here is a picture of one of the first runs with this engine (daily setup). Read and weap !

http://www.kolumbus.fi/mika.ruusuvuori/ ... 1small.jpg

(it says 1,2 bar but actually the boost was 1,4-1,5 Bar) the wheel corrected power was 401 hp, I´d say that this will take the bottom out from you guys telling people that Fiero engine has no potential, IT HAS - if you know what you are doing and you are able to use good parts and eaven better machining shops.

To be continued !

Best regards and merry christmas to you all from cold, very COLD (-20degr cels) Finland.

Mika Ruusuvuori
Guy is from Finland..
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

So I got the totally wrong car...

But the burnout is pretty decent on mine too!

As for the original, it sounds like a stock or near stock 2p8 to me.
whipped

Post by whipped »

He's running 26 pounds of boost.
My fiero is aliiiive!!
I_wear_pants

Post by I_wear_pants »

The guy in the vid with the red formula is running a 2.8 on nitrous. I wondered the same thing when I first saw the video so I pm'd the guy and asked......
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Aaron wrote:That is a car that some guy over at P.F.F claims is 600+ hp twin turbo 2p8l. Yah, I didn't bother calling bullshit...

what? back when I saw that it was just a 2.8 using up old tires - and if you look at the road both tires are going - because its leaving twin stripes everywhere
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Aaron wrote:So I got the totally wrong car...

z.MacK
Use a smaller avatar

Post by z.MacK »

He is hitting both tires most of the time. I remember when the video was first posted. Infact I have it saved in my files.

I don't remember him saying he had NoZZ or a twin turbo, so STFU. Any stick shift fiero can do smokey donuts if you know how to drive.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

z.MacK wrote:I don't remember him saying he had NoZZ or a twin turbo, so STFU. Any stick shift fiero can do smokey donuts if you know how to drive.
Not with the ol' Duke :-(

Drop clutch at 4000RPM with throttle mashed and it still just chokes up after the tires spin for a sec. Hehehehe
z.MacK
Use a smaller avatar

Post by z.MacK »

Series8217 wrote:
z.MacK wrote:I don't remember him saying he had NoZZ or a twin turbo, so STFU. Any stick shift fiero can do smokey donuts if you know how to drive.

Drop clutch at 4000RPM with throttle mashed and it still just chokes up after the tires spin for a sec. Hehehehe
If you know how to beat a car right, you can get a 3cyl auto geo metro to do donuts,

try harder grandma
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

z.MacK wrote:
Series8217 wrote:

If you know how to beat a car right, you can get a 3cyl auto geo metro to do donuts,
A 3 cyl Geo has like 30mm tires. That's probably the easiest car to do them in :-P
try harder grandma
Don't have to anymore, my 3.4 TDC will light them up all the way down the street.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

z.MacK wrote: I don't remember him saying he had NoZZ or a twin turbo, so STFU. Any stick shift fiero can do smokey donuts if you know how to drive.
This is just a rediculous statement all through.

First, I said that I thought it was the twin turbo I remember. Upon research, I found the video I was thinking of (Which was pretty similiar to this one), but it was a different car. A car of which was turbocharged, twin in fact. I admitted my wrongdoing, no need to slam me. Upon saying this, i also said that sounds like a stock, or near stock, 2p8 to me.

As for your second statement, that is false. My stock 88Gt 5-speed will nto do burnouts, and will not do donuts on dry pavement. And this is with the V6, and it is running properly (Making normal power levels for a stock 2p8). If I sit at a light, rev it to ANY rpm, and drop the clutch, it will not spin them. The RPMs just fall quickly, then level with engine speed as the clutch grabs, then it climbs. No matter what the RPM, the tires will nto spin or make smoke. If I go around a corner, then punch it, the car will just understeer and leave the inside tire spinning (But no smoke at all). If I go around a corner, rev it up, and drop the clutch whilst going WOT, it will slide the back end around, but quickly either regain traction, or start understeering.

You're wrong, my car cannot, with ANY driver, do smokey burnouts. And the engine is good, clutch is good, and tires/wheels are stock and normal.

Oh, guess I should mention I'm at 7000ft altitude and making about 79% of the power as a 2p8 at sea level :la:
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Aaron wrote:
Aaron wrote:So I got the totally wrong car...

the guy you were thinking about had a blue car and claimed 400hp - he actually ran a real intercooler on it too
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Yah I thought it was the same guy--it obviously wasn't.

I still think it's bullshit though (The one I posted).
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Aaron wrote:Yah I thought it was the same guy--it obviously wasn't.

I still think it's bullshit though (The one I posted).
what - the finland guy with dynos is bullshit?
they once apon a time had the kit available with the spearco water intercooler etc.. best setup i've ever seen for a fiero 2.8

if you can keep the heat down and run enough boost you can get the power out of almost anything