Alignment question

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

wolken

Alignment question

Post by wolken »

I just made an appointment to get my Fiero aligned and the guy said he didnt think that there was an adjustment for the alignment in the back. Can someone confirm or deny that and provide some feedback if there is an adjustment. I am taking it in tomorrow and I thought I had read about an alignment adjustment in the rear.

Thanks

/\/\/
"Hey look a Fiero for 400 bucks...."
I had no idea what i was getting into...

-Me August 04.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

ofcourse there is adjustment at the rear. there are tie rods back there...
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

the rear ajusts the same as 90% of FWD cars front ends
wolken

Yeah

Post by wolken »

Yeah thats what I thought. Thanks guys

-Me August 04.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Anytime! Your questions answered in 10 min or less or your money back!
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

:scratch:

It's just my policy, but I don't usually take my car for business to a place that can't show to me that they know what they are doing.

I've had bad alignments done before, and it's amazingly hard to convince some of these clowns that the camber's all fucked up when they couldn't be bothered to check it in the first place.

And I've been told upon returning that having the back end feel like I'm running on two banana peels is "perfectly normal" because of the mid-engine setup. :cussing:

I tell them I won't pay for it unless they can give me a printout from their alignment rig of the EXACT specs that they measured.

Fuckers handed me a pair of before and after sheets showing -2º camber, +1/8 toe left and +1.8º camber, 0 toe right, for both the before AND after.

Yeah, wonder why my car was tracking funny?

Best $75 I ever spent :la:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Good alignment shops are notoriously hard to find.

Of course the rear is adjustable. Any monkey can look at the electronic literature that alignment rack MFG's offer these days and see what has to be done. Alignment is not rocket science. It amazes me that there are so few people who can get it right.
JamesCurtis

Post by JamesCurtis »

I once took my fiero to a TO Haas, I pretty much just gave him the "you're an idiot" look and left after he told me the rear end couldn't be aligned.
Pyrthian

Re: Alignment question

Post by Pyrthian »

wolken wrote:I just made an appointment to get my Fiero aligned and the guy said he didnt think that there was an adjustment for the alignment in the back. Can someone confirm or deny that and provide some feedback if there is an adjustment. I am taking it in tomorrow and I thought I had read about an alignment adjustment in the rear.

Thanks

/\/\/
dont let them do it.
the rear alignment on a Fiero is VERY important.
I've had very good luck at Belle Tire.
worst luck at PepBoys - in fact, just about everything about PepBoys sucks...their brand starters & alternators last almost exactly one year....
wolken

Thanks

Post by wolken »

Thanks for all the suggestions I have taken vehicles to them before and I think they will do alright. I think the guy I talked to on the phone was an idiot I dont think he will be aligning my car (he was answering phones)

Later
Matt.

-Me August 04.