E-brake cable

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

wolken

E-brake cable

Post by wolken »

I had to relace the rear brake calipers last year and need some advise on how to adjust the ebrake cable. I know I saw a post on that subject at one time but I can no longer find it. If somebody could get me a link or just let me know how to adjust that it would be nice to be able to use it again.

Thanks
\/\/olken
"Hey look a Fiero for 400 bucks...."
I had no idea what i was getting into...

-Me August 04.
TurboGT

Post by TurboGT »

There is an adjustment on the rear cross member of the cradle right in front of the trunk if I remember right.
Mega Squirted Turbo 3400
The install
How to MS your Fiero
Fierocious

Post by Fierocious »

IIRC theres a little spot cut away on the cradle where you will see the cable and in the middle will be a adjuster. Its like a little round panel that spins around and holds both ends of the cable. I think thats it anyway.
1988 Fiero GT
MNFatz

Post by MNFatz »

Here's a picture of the adjustment area. I've circled the two place you need to worry about:

1) Drive your back two tires up on ramps, chock the front tires, leave the car in gear and all that safety related stuff (don't run yourself over)

2) Release your parking brake completely.

3) On 88 models, the adjustment is under the cross member nearest the engine compartment. Put a vice grips on the small square part of the adjustment screw (the on the right in the picture).

4) Turn the adjusting nut (the circle on the left in the picture-I think it's 13MM) until the slack is taken up out of the cables.

5) Same on the 84-87 except the adjuster is on the back crossmember. You should be able to see it from the back of the car.
wolken

thanks

Post by wolken »

Thanks I will do that tonight.
"Hey look a Fiero for 400 bucks...."
I had no idea what i was getting into...

-Me August 04.