Just got back from the Track...

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Jinxmutt

Just got back from the Track...

Post by Jinxmutt »

Well I decided to take the 84 fiero out to the dragstrip to get a baseline tonight. Currently I'm running the car as I had planned on installing it from step one. My current setup consists of 3800sc, Isuzu 5spd, 3.4" pulley, TB spacer, PEMS, 3" full exhaust, 160 stat and GMtuners chip in a 95 bonne PCM. Some may say I should have run stock mani, 3.8", etc for a baseline, but I count this as my baseline because there were all cheap/free mods that are common to most Fiero 3800sc swaps.

Planned upgrades include 1.84 ratio rockers, N*TB, LSx MAF, Happy Knob, and a few other tuning goodies.

To be soft on the isuzu, I ran all 4 tires at 33psi. My very first past, I babied it ALOT just to get an idea of approx shift speeds/spots and to see how the Isuzu would take to the surface. On that pass I put down a 2.7 60', 107mph, 14.1 et. On the 2nd pass of the night, I raced my uncle in his black 3800sc/auto and got too anxious. I spun through first, through 2nd, and hit rev limiter in 3rd. There was an error in the clocks and my side of the slip shows all zeros.

On the 3rd and final pass, I feathered the clutch off the line, full throttle, went soft in to 2nd, full throttle, then shifted hard into 3rd and 4th. I got my best pass of the night on this run with a 2.1 60', 109mph, and 13.212 et. The night continued to get colder, and I could have made a 4th pass which would have most certainly been faster as I gained confidence in the isuzu. I drove the car 100miles to the track, ran 3 passes, and wanted to be able to drive it home. 13.2 @ 109 was more than good enough for my first time out with this car.

Pics and Vids to follow.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

Nice, now lets see those vids! :thumbleft:
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

Ok well it was filmed on a VHS-C tape, so its just my luck that the one decent run came out like crap. On top of that, photobucket seems to have chopped the quality some. This is what I can produce.

And this I darkened up a bit cause the print is so light..
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

cool. drop the 60ft and you'll be in the 12s.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

you can prob lower that 60 but you will probably grenade the tranny.

Thts a damn good mph though for the mods you have done. Manual trannies def give that motor more mph over the auto thats for sure.

I say leave light like you haev been doing to help preserve that tranny. You car is capable of 12's but how many times? Hell maybe not even once if you are unlucky enough.

A few more mods and that thing will be trapping low teens despite what it e.t's. Def be a good roll on race car.

thanks for sharing. Keep it up.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Going into 2nd soft will preserve your trani, seems like 2nd gear is the weak link.

Nice run :thumbleft: