Went to the Dyno today

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Aaron wrote:
Oh yes, now it truly is 1 step closer to Cliff's Fun House.

Seems people on Real Fiero Tech cannot carry on a technical debate on engine dynamics without the admin moderating it all out, despite me not flaming or insulting once in the entire post, quite contrary to the other participant, who can flaunt his ignorant and flawed knowledge (Or lack thereof), on a relatively simple concept. Not to mention he is allowed to flame and insult.

But actually debate, NOES. Call the majority, BAN HIM!!

Ok Cliff, you win. Oh, sorry, was your name not Cliff?
Oh please, when did Cliff ever have the balls to delete your bullshit?

I don't know why your post was deleted. I agree that although you are annoying as fuck with your know it all attitude, you might actually know something that can contribute to the thread. But really, when it comes down to it, this forum is moderated by moderators, not a mob. If you don't care for it, then you can kindly piss off. I'm sure that nothing you wrote or will write will be missed much. No post is sacred.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Aaron wrote:Well, GM claims HP max at 4800rpm. Which essentially means his max VE is at 4800rpm. So how does a turbocharger magically change his VE curve?
max VE is at peak torque you jackass - if youre engine was 100% efficient from 0rom to 6000rpm the torque output would only change with thermal efficiency (ie not much)
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

Aaron wrote: Well, GM claims HP max at 4800rpm. Which essentially means his max VE is at 4800rpm. So how does a turbocharger magically change his VE curve?
:withstupid:

I just have to stop here...
I dont even think I have to say anything

but, I guess I must
of course - its a turbo!
TurboGT

Post by TurboGT »

Aaron wrote:I'm not sure if you'll hit 250whp even with springs. Remember, the stiffer you go on springs, the more those springs work against your motor, exponentially as RPM rises. I'm not saying you'll lose power, but 250 might be tough to hit as it is, except with new springs. I'm honestly interested to know how much they will hurt you across the board.
If the force of pushing the valve open is so strong that I will loose power then I should get the same amount of power back as the valve closes.
Aaron wrote:Oh, and I have to make at least one DOHC owns OHV statement. An otherwise stock DOHC on 5psi makes 35 more whp, and that is through an automatic tranny with a full 6' exhaust system :la:
I said at the beginning of my post that this was with a very week tune. I am running almost no timing advance in the boost, because I dont have my knock sensor hooked up yet. And where was that dyno done at, how hot was it outside, how large was the turbo. Just because one dyno reading is more than another dosnt mean SHIT, unless you are comparing similar setups.
Mega Squirted Turbo 3400
The install
How to MS your Fiero
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

the spring itself does not add any power loss - only if there is an increase in friction. is there any increase in loss - frictional losses are pretty minimal
TurboGT

Post by TurboGT »

Here is a dyno sheet of a stock 3400 in a 01' grand am gt
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/ ... yno__2.jpg

And here is a remote mount turbo 3400 with alchy
http://www.khturbo.net/images/Z24images ... 0Sheet.jpg

Thats all I could find for now
Mega Squirted Turbo 3400
The install
How to MS your Fiero
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I refuse to participate in threads where parts of a technical discussion are deleted for no reason.
TurboGT

Post by TurboGT »

Aaron wrote:I refuse to participate in threads where parts of a technical discussion are deleted for no reason.
Thankyou!!! Please leave now :thumbleft:
Mega Squirted Turbo 3400
The install
How to MS your Fiero
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Aaron wrote:I refuse to participate in threads where parts of a technical discussion are deleted for no reason.
Good. That was my mission.
MNFatz

Post by MNFatz »

HALLEFUCKINGLUJAH!!!!! :thumbup:

Whoever's moderating, keep up the good work. One of the biggest bullshit things about NeverLand was all the patently false info in the tech section.

By the way--insert "containing false information" for the bold text above.