Extra awesome lights installation!

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Starlite528

Extra awesome lights installation!

Post by Starlite528 »

I've finally done it to this, the third car I've owned. Bought a Whelen 90 watt 6 channel strobe supply, 4 clear 32 watt hideaway strobes, a whelen headlight flasher thing, a police siren, and a 100 watt speaker. The siren seen on my dash is not installed there, that's just a pic of it. I put it under the dash, to the right of the radio.

At first, I killed my alternator, because I drained the battery (or who knows, maybe it was just its time.) I've since installed a relay powered from the vehicle ACC that disables the strobes and wigwags while the car is on.

I spoke recently with a CHP officer, and he confirms that this stuff is just fine to have in my car, so long as I nevah use it on the road.

Here's pic's:

Last edited by Starlite528 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

Forgot this one stupid gif I made:
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

www.crownvic.net

You can meet all kinds of potential rapists, serial killers and police impersonators there.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

ew dash carpet

but lights are fun :thumbleft:
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

nice wiring! holy moly... good job.

Now I want strobes...
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Chris-Nelson

Post by Chris-Nelson »

lol, nice. reminds me of an install that I did last week... :thumbleft:

Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

so what do you need strobes and a cb style microphone in a fiero for?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

rice
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:rice
shh let the man answer for himself :la:
whipped

Post by whipped »

reminds me of when one of my friends put one of those loudspeakers in his celebrity. It had animal noises on it too... hi-larious

So, I'd say it belongs on a celebrity, but not a fiero.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

I have no idea why anyone would want this in a Fiero.
Chris-Nelson

Post by Chris-Nelson »

that is not a cb style speaker... that is a 100watt police siren with radio rebroadcast, and a mic to speak over it with. I can't answer why you'd want it in a Fiero, but it is no measley cb speaker system! :afrocool:

That setup will be as loud as any ambulance or police vehicle.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Nah, he ain't trying to get free blowjobs off of crack hookers or steal some dealer's bags. No one will think that. He won't get shot at.

Mmm.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Chris-Nelson wrote:that is not a cb style speaker... that is a 100watt police siren with radio rebroadcast, and a mic to speak over it with. I can't answer why you'd want it in a Fiero, but it is no measley cb speaker system! :afrocool:

That setup will be as loud as any ambulance or police vehicle.
did I say anything about a speaker? no i said cb style mic - as in microphone which it is
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

Why have it in a Fiero? Mainly for shits and giggles. The hardest thing to put in was the stupid 100 watt speaker. It all works, and looks cool when it's on at night. I can either yell at people with the PA, or I can talk with the cheap piece of crap CB radio I installed (not shown).

Also, One day when I get a car alarm, it will turn on the siren. It will be much more effective at hurting would-be thief than the regular puny crap alarm I hear all the time.

I've never had an alarm in any of the three cars I've owned before, but I've had my rear plate stolen, after which I promptly reported and replaced with a new number set. almost exactly one month later, my front plate went missing, along with the mounting bracket. (also reported and replaced).

I went to the hardware store and bought some allen head screws, which I found are a bitch to remove without the tool, which I hope would-be thief won't be carrying.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

i didnt read any of this thread.. i saw the pictures and had to immediately ask are you trying to make a pretend cop car?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Starlite528 wrote:I went to the hardware store and bought some allen head screws, which I found are a bitch to remove without the tool, which I hope would-be thief won't be carrying.
I use stainless tamper proof (pin in head) torx. I've never had a plate stolen (except for my dad's utility trailer from which the vandal took the whole bracket).
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

84fierotrevor wrote:i didnt read any of this thread.. i saw the pictures and had to immediately ask are you trying to make a pretend cop car?
Ask questions first, research later... :thumbleft:
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

84fierotrevor wrote:i didnt read any of this thread.. i saw the pictures and had to immediately ask are you trying to make a pretend cop car?
I suppose. I wouldn't dare try to pull someone over though.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Turn on your siren occasionally and see if anyone pulls over.
Sometimes if I see somebody coming up on me REALLY fast, I set my alarm off just as they pass. Most of the time they hit the brakes pretty hard. One time I was messing with the remote and the alarm went off accidently. This lady in this minivan ahead of me pulled over. It was amusing.
Last edited by Unsafe At Any Speed on Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.