crzyone's R32 GTR updates, parts and pics

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Not much suspension "tuning" you can do with an 86GT. The poly, springs, shocks and struts and cradle bushings were a huge improvement. The staggered tires also helped a lot. My fiero, the way it is now, probibly has higher cornering grip than my skyline, but I will atribute that to the tires. The skyline needs some decent rubber. I really like the Falken FK451s on the fiero, I will probibly get a set for the skyline.

Its been fun the last few weeks, been giving lots of rides. Peoples responses are very predictable. When they get in the passenger side they say "wow this is wierd". And the next words out of their mouth are along the lines of "Holy Shit!" as I take them on a WOT blast and sideways around a corner.

I love this car.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

hey i dunno why im such a nice guy after you DITCHED ME :bootyshake: my last day in Canada... :la: Not even a phone call! What a guy! :blah5:

BUT :angel:

Do you wanna ditch that airbox and run my M's Intakes? Looks like ill be swapping to Apexi Induction system.

If you dont want them its no problem. Some dude on GTRUK will buy them.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

The ones you have on your car currently? Hell yeah I'll take them. Then all I need is exhaust and a boost controller until I upgrade turbos.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

yeah the ones i have now

I found you a Trust / Greddy downpipe also. Its in Edmonton already. I think its a 3" though. But anything to get rid of the factory downpipe then the decat and youll be set.

isnt your cat back 3" anyways?

Greddy Profec B Spec 2 (or whatever they are called) Boost controller can be bought off of ebay new in the box for about 310 delivered to your door. Thats the best price i have found for new. Most guys quote 450 here.

thats the one im going to grab sooner or later. If you want we can grab two and save on some shipping.

Im going to buy those no name turbo elbows... I got one for ryans GTS and it was really nice quality and came with bolts and gaskets.

I figure if i collect the few pieces i need now for a turbo swap then ill have everything ready when i take the plunge in the spring.
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Are those turbo elbos the ones from e-bay? They look really good and cheap, just not big enough for serious power.

Yeah, my catback is 3", I imagine there is quite a bit of performance to be had just from upgrading the downpipe and getting rid of the cat. And of course the better intakes. I could see 50hp possibly also with the boost controller.

What do you think?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Supras are known to pick up around 70 hp with just a downpipe change on their engines. NOt that its your engine, but you could see some nice gains.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

ive never seen different sizes for turbo elbows....

they will flow enough for you anyday,

With turbo back exhaust, M's intakes and a solid 1bar you shouldbe getting up there. but dont forget... your still running a stock ECU.

remember just 2 psi gave me 30ft lbs more torque from 3800-redline. so there is room to go pretty far.

you can feel 30ft lbs of an increase.
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Crzy, this is just so you know what im talking about

TURBO > Turbo elbow > downpipe (2 turbos feed into 1 pipe) > cat (de-cat / test pipe) > cat back to muffler.

Turbo elbows - are turbo elbows. no different sizes... just different designs. they are all good. the stock ones are so restrictive its funny. its amazing they run at all being choked off like that.

downpipe - typically two 60mm pipes feed into a 70mm. The bigger the better ofcourse no matter what power level your at.

Cat - replace with decat / test pipe.

Cat back - obvious. the bigger the better

Best exhaust would be hacksaw off from downpipe. lol! You can go with an exhaust cutout if your that hot to trot over it.

3" everything will be fine for you though. i cant find much 3.5" stuff. I cant even find a 3.5" decat to match my exhaust
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I'm wondering if its not worth it to buy some 3.5" stainless exhaust pipe and some mandrel bends and make my own exhaust. Economy muffler on Fort Road does a lot of custom exhaust work. Only thing I would not get them to make is the headers from the engine to the turbo.

3.5" turbo back exhaust is probibly all I'll ever need for the HP levels I plan to run. 500-550hp will be plenty, I don't want to loose much response.

I agree with just getting the 3" exhaust to replace what I have now though.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Well, got the first accident out of the way....

Was parked at a gas station behind a 1 ton dually truck, little lady jumps in and backs into my car. Her ball hitch pressed into my bumper, happend too fast for me to see.

I was relieved, I thought it went right into my intercooler but its just cosmetic. Those spider cracks are a bitch to fix though.

:mumum:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Dumb bitches shouldn't be allowed to drive things that they have to climb up into.

Was she hot? You get the digits?
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

SUE!

That sucks balls. Dont forget i need a good bodyshop too!
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Yeah, we should find a decent place. I am going to get the whole front bumper repainted, the air damn was looking a bit curb rashed anyways. Will get the wing stands repainted as well.

Maybe I'll even get the fenders painted to cover up the scratches from whatever grease monkey was leaning over them and scratching the shit out of them.
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

That's another reason dumb inattentive people should not be driving any truck, pick up, or SUV. :mumum:
I treat others as they treat me
product1620

Post by product1620 »

SUV's fucking suck!
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Small update

Just got the windows tinted today. I went limo on the back 3 windows and 35% on the front sides. Its technically illegal to get the front 2 tinted so I went with a lighter tint. Hopefully cops will give me a break, between $115 enlarged muffler tickets and $80 tint tickets it could get old fast.

Mods that will get done before spring
- Apexi Power FC and Commander (tunable ecu)
- Down Pipes
- Test Pipe
- Boost Controller
- Big Ass Intercooler
- M's Intakes

Should be good for over 300hp at the wheels on the stock turbos. Will post pics when parts start to roll in.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

That looks totally awesome. I really like that! Fuck da police. Fuck em.
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I have been taking my GTR to auto body places getting quotes on repairing the front bumper and filling in the stock spoiler holes. I have the wing off my car and snapped a few pictures.

I think it looks kind of classy, Donk think it looks like ass. Opinions?
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Yeah... looks RETARDED! Get a wing on that PRONTO!

Looks even MORE like a plain ol japanese family coupe.
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Get rid of the rear wiper if anything. It looks huge.