Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

nice ricer wing :thumbleft:

it should look good on the skyline though
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Damn nice ricer wing. I like those wings. APR is some nice stuff.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

leave the wing off. It looks good like that. And makes it a sleeper
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

really looks like a family sedan with the wing off.

Hey, I was at the Edmonton motor show this last weekend, and there was an R34 skyline there, or whatever the newest model is. Must have been from the states.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Its a ricer wing if its on a civic, but an adjustable cf wing on a Skyline is functional. Plus I like the way they look on Skylines.

Damn ricers ruined it for the real tuners... Fart cans that mimic mufflers on turbo cars and tripple decker wings mimicing functional wings on fast rwd cars. :cussing:
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

I'd ditch the rear wiper, but I guess that's all part of the Skyline experience.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I would gladly ditch it if I could. It would almost look worse with a stub sticking out of the rear window as a wiper. Donk's car has the wiper motor removed and someone installed a Nismo or similar rear window, looks cleaner.

The Nismo GTRs had a rear wiper delete option
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

WTF was the rear wiper for? High speed reversing in the rain? The vehicles over here (apart from the Lebaron) have them because the rear window is at the back of the car, and it gets road spray all over the window. Mostly minivans, SUV's and some hatchbacks.
bryson

Post by bryson »

crzyone wrote:Its a ricer wing if its on a civic, but an adjustable cf wing on a Skyline is functional. Plus I like the way they look on Skylines.

Damn ricers ruined it for the real tuners... Fart cans that mimic mufflers on turbo cars and tripple decker wings mimicing functional wings on fast rwd cars. :cussing:
How is an adjustable wing on a Skyline functional, while it isn't on a Civic? At the speeds needed to have any aerodynamic advantages, traction isn't an issue anyway. FWD cars can oversteer just as easily as AWD or RWD. [/soapbox]
'87 BMW M6 / '88 BMW M5 / '90 Audi Coupe Quattro / '88 Fiero GT 2.3L Quad4 - 400whp; pump gas
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Chill. I'm talking about bone stock civics with bolt on body kits, fart cans and tripple decker wings. Panties a bit tight there dude?

Functional

Ricer

Get what I'm saying?
Last edited by crzyone on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

bryson wrote:At the speeds needed to have any aerodynamic advantages, traction isn't an issue anyway.
Of course it is an issue! You don't need a powerful motor to break the tires lose. TURN!

The power issue is that stock civics are not going to get up to high speeds on the track to even make use of the wing. Sure, they could sit with the pedal to the floor on the freeway and eventually get up to high speeds, but not at the track where you have a limited distance to do so in.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Correct. Wings are only functional at high speeds where traction is an issue.

I imagine a FWD civic will experience understeer on a high speed corner, a spoiler will only make it worse, if it can even go fast enough for the wing to be doing anything.
Forever-Fiero

Post by Forever-Fiero »

A wing is to keep the lift that is caused by lack air pressure behind the rear window of the car. And is more for the corners thin the straight's FWD,RWD,AWD means little to the function of the wing.

But yes.. it has became one of the most rice-o-rific thing ricers do to there turds to make them feel fast. most of the time thay put the wing at such an extreme angel it creates more drag then duoforce :scratch:
VR6in

Post by VR6in »

Planning on flying sometime soon? if not keep that damn huge ass wing off of your nice sleek car. Its just going to take away from the looks of your car. How often will you really be in the situation where it would actually prove usefull ( not very often ). :knob:
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

VR6in wrote:Planning on flying sometime soon? if not keep that damn huge ass wing off of your nice sleek car. Its just going to take away from the looks of your car. How often will you really be in the situation where it would actually prove usefull ( not very often ). :knob:
Why don't you come here and say that! I'm buying the wing regardless, weither I keep it mounted all the time is another story. Donk is getting one as well, guess we are both ricers at heart.
VR6in

Post by VR6in »

Why don't you come here and say that! I'm buying the wing regardless, weither I keep it mounted all the time is another story. Donk is getting one as well, guess we are both ricers at heart.
haha well i hear you might be coming out here tomorrow so i'll tell you then. Save the wing for the situations where it would be usefull then like at the track. Cruising around with it is just pointless. Thats like going to the drag strip once or twice a year but driving around on slicks all year long. :tool:
whipped

Post by whipped »

Pardon me for not checking in on the skyline subforum in forever...

But you guys are hilarious :thumbleft:
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

err i know this is crzyones post but its valid... Heres my wing..
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

donk_316 wrote:err i know this is crzyones post but its valid... Heres my wing..
That is a sweet looking wing, I like how they include a cross section.