crzyone's R32 GTR updates, parts and pics

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Update, my car is getting a complete paint job. Instead of just painting the front fascia and the trunk, it is getting completely done. It will look like a brand new GTR.

The floorpan near the front tires is slightly bent from someone impropperly lifting the car and that will be repaired as well.

Color of the car is not going to change, the color is Dark Blue Pearl and was a special order color from Nissan.

:thumbleft:
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

I would go exhaust and tune / ecu before boost controller. Then your good to go!
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
VR6in

Post by VR6in »

Are you going to get the Skyline painted before or after our road trip?? it might get sandblasted after about 7000km of driving. My windshield is pretty pitted and id like to change it before we go but the chances of getting a nice big rock chip in it are pretty good so im not sure if i'll bother untill we come back.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Painting it as soon as possible. I want to drive a good looking car, not one that has a big chunk of paint missing on the bumper and holes on the trunk. I hope to have my car in show quality by the time our big road trip comes along.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

donk_316 wrote:I would go exhaust and tune / ecu before boost controller. Then your good to go!
I can see buying the elbos for $150 or so, and maybe the intercooler for another $250. Maybe get a decat made for $100? That should free up 20-30hp along with the Ms intakes.

A temporary manual boost controller is sounding like a good idea right now. Set it for 0.9 or 1.0 bar until I upgrade turbos to safely boost above 1 bar.

I need to get to Subracing and get a few baseline dyno pulls done.
TrotFox

Post by TrotFox »

Geez I was so confused. I couldn't figure out why you would bother having a boost controller for <1bar.

1bar is atmosphere where I work. } ; ]

Badass car man. I stare on with envy.

Trot, the slow, fox...
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I know these pictures kind of suck, hard to take a clean car picture with all this melting snow. I mounted the wing last Friday and I love it. I think it suits the car and is functional when I want it to be with a few twists of the adjustable stands.

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Crank it all the way up and see if you can find any difference in your 100-60 coast-down times compared to with the wing flat.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

hmm, that would be a good test. Maybe I'll try it from 150-100 as well, shoud have a little more airflow at those speeds :thumbleft:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Even my 6000 is affected by aerodynamics. I got it back on the road after sitting for a couple of months while rewiring the dash and the air struts in the back had leaked down (compressor was unplugged). I took it out and at 95 mph it was darty and unstable. I blew the air struts up, which raised the rear ride height 3" or so and stability at high speed was significantly improved.
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Even my 6000 is affected by aerodynamics. I got it back on the road after sitting for a couple of months while rewiring the dash and the air struts in the back had leaked down (compressor was unplugged). I took it out and at 95 mph it was darty and unstable. I blew the air struts up, which raised the rear ride height 3" or so and stability at high speed was significantly improved.

Yeah, but that also adds some preload to your front suspension.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Insignificant.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Dropped my car off to get painted a few days ago, here are some in progress pictures. I'm painting the car just because its starting to show its age. The car is 16 years old but I want it to look new.

A few more small dents and rock chips that I thought it had. It was a pretty clean car before now it will look mint.

This is where that dumbass lady backed into me. She managed to stretch the plastic so a little filling was needed to bring up the surface.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I wish we could legally have these cars here.

But we are legally allowed to own a S14/15 240 with a Rb26 swap and thats as close as we are going to get. Good enough for me even without the awd feature. I am seriously considering it.

Car should look great when done. keep us updated. Adriaan still in Thailand?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Adrian has been here for months, not too interested in fiero forums I guess?

Got a lot more done tonight, ground fx were pulled, found a small amount of rust under the right side, just in front of the rear tire. Pulled the tails, got a lot of the sanding done.

Shaun, check this out, a 300z with an RB26, way cooler looking than the 240s in my opinion.
http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=23283
Last edited by crzyone on Mon May 07, 2007 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Very cool looing 300Z for sure. I like the 240's too. they are light as fawk! another bonus.

Plus 240s are cheap here. Its going to be a 240 with a sr20 or Rb swap, or a EG with a built motor and turbo booooooooost
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I need to weigh my GTR. There are so many weight figures being thrown around.... I took out my spare, jack and carpeting from the trunk, cf wing and a cf hood. Should be slightly lighter than stock, would be good to know.

An rb25 might be a better candidate for a 240? Probibly easier to find or cheaper. Plus you don't have to worry about the crank oil drive.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Hey dudes im still alive. Too much skyline shit going on lately. Behind schedule by 5 weeks. a million delays and so on. Had to wait 6 weeks for Nismo order to make it here from Japan from the time i paid for it.

Your car is going to look very classy Levi, new paint, new wing, shiny pretty rims and new rubber and then the tinted windows sets it all off. Very cool.

You should be proud SOOOO many beat on Skylines here... so few good examples.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
VR6in

Post by VR6in »

I can weigh your car for you anytime you want levi, just bring it to work and i will put it on the truck scale
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I forgot you had a scale at work. How accurate? Closest 20lbs or so?