Intake Maintenance

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Hollywood

Intake Maintenance

Post by Hollywood »

How do i remove the hideous tin that once held the intake filter, There is a tube going in to the side and i cant figure out how to remove it.

Also any how to's on throttle body removal?

Hollywood, the newbie Fiero owner

p.s. how do i remove the seat belt box after i get the t47 bolt off something is still holding it on!
Last edited by Hollywood on Thu May 03, 2007 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
eHoward
Banned

Re: Intake Maintenance

Post by eHoward »

umm, undo fasteners and pull parts off?

why are you removing this stuff?
Hollywood wrote:How do i remoce the hideous tin that once held the intake filter, There is a tube going in to the side and i cant figure out how to remove it.

p.s. how do i remove the seat belt box after i get the t47 bolt off something is still holding it on!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Hollywood wrote:How do i remoce the hideous tin that once held the intake filter, There is a tube going in to the side and i cant figure out how to remove it.

There is a bolt on the underside of the "tin" as you put it that connects it to the tube underneath. There are also two 10mm screws that hold the tin on itself. Did you remove those?

Did you at least get the lid off yet?

Throttle body is for a 4 cylinder or the V6?

Not sure on the seatbelt.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Since only the V6 had the air filter canister bolted to the fender, I'm going to guess that the throttle body is for the six as well. It's been a long time since I took the throttle body off of a two point hate, but if I could do it, it shouldn't be too hard.
Chase Race

Post by Chase Race »

Hollywood wrote:p.s. how do i remove the seat belt box after i get the t47 bolt off something is still holding it on!
Slide it up a quarter inch.

Welcome, fellow Washingtonian.
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom: cages, exhausts, fabrication
Duvall, WA
425-269-5636
Hollywood

Intake Maintenance

Post by Hollywood »

Im removing the "canister" and adding a K&N air filter to the stock tubing for now until my cold air intake arrives, Im removing the stock seat belts to replace them with harness seat belts on the new seats i purchased, and im removing the throttle body to install the bored TB i recently picked up.

I did get the bolts off of the canister as well as the lid its just a tube connected to the canister that i havent been able to remove. Any hints on or tricks on removal?

As far as the TB there is a line running into it. I dont wanna sound stupid but i am totally new to engine work and i believe its some sort of fuel line. Im not sure. Is there a step by step removal guide somewhere online that could aid me.

Hollywood, The Fast and the Curious :scratch:

p.s. thanks for the tip on the seat belt removal
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

If the tube doesn't just pull off the bottom of the canister, then there's a hose clamp on it. Been a while since I messed with mine, so I don't remember.

Also, those lines to the throttle body are coolant lines, not fuel lines. You can either drain some coolant from the car so they'll be dry, or just understand you're going to get coolant everywhere when you unhook them. Just take them off once and cap off the nipples on the thermostat housing that they connect to. You don't those coolant lines, and it'll make working on the top of the engine a lot easier in the future.
<Insert Sig Here>
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

You might want to keep your stock seat belts for insurance purposes. If you have an accident and your insurance company sees a racing harness, instead of the factory seatbelts, they may refuse to cover your car. They will consider that you are racing the car because of the racing harness.
I treat others as they treat me
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Insurance companies are money grubbing assholes like that.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Jeez these seem so simple to me now that i have removed and installed these parts plus plenums, distributors, pick up coils, ignition modules, exhaust systems and a host of other things. Cant believe i even asked these questions haha. I suppose the TB help wasnt to bad but seat belts and intake canister... Im ashamed haha :withstupid: