MSD 6AL

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

SGT.ROCK

MSD 6AL

Post by SGT.ROCK »

As of today I am a proud owner (so far) of a 86 Fiero SE V-6 4 speed car.I have owned two before this one,a 84 SE auto and a 86 GT auto,I loved both of them.Any way I had a MSD 6AL HEI kit left over that I was planning to install on my Trans AM.I put the MSD Blaster coil(part #MSD-8226) on the Fiero as soon as I got home today,I didnt drive it but it started after I installed it.Now I was wondering if the ignition box will work on my car or should I sell it on E-BAY. :scratch: Let me know what you guys think.Thanks.
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

sell it on Ebay
unless you are running highcompression/boost/nitrous/7k+rpms - the box will do NOTHING for you - except create a potential problem.
the coil is a good thing - it is all you will need for most Fiero setups
SGT.ROCK

WOW!

Post by SGT.ROCK »

I can really tell a difference after installing that MSD coil.It used to take a couple seconds after turning the key for the car to start up,but now I swear as soon as I turn the key its almost instantly running. :thumbleft:
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

ya ya - good stuff
if you've had your car awhile, and used to it - you may have noticed some slight upper end power increase around 3500 and up