STOP PAYING YOUR INCOME TAX!!

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Good find. Long watch (1:50), but worth it. It crosses into conspiracy theory in the 2nd half, though.

There are a lot of things into which the American people have been railroaded by authoritarian portions of government that they just should not be standing for.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Good find. Long watch (1:50), but worth it. It crosses into conspiracy theory in the 2nd half, though.

There are a lot of things into which the American people have been railroaded by authoritarian portions of government that they just should not be standing for.
It doesn't go overboard with the conspiracy theory... it's warranted, no?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Conspiracy theories are NEVER warranted when trying to make a legitimate claim against government.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Conspiracy theories are NEVER warranted when trying to make a legitimate claim against government.
Why? Because WILL SAYS SO! :thumbleft:
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Dam right! :thumbleft:

Opening yourself to accusations of being a "kookie conspiracy theorist" is NOT how you build credibility when trying to enact change.
teamlseep13

Post by teamlseep13 »

Reminds me of minority report.
Scary shit too.....worth the 2 hours to watch!
1988 Pontiac Fiero

Ecotec swap taking much too long...
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Conspiracy theories are NEVER warranted when trying to make a legitimate claim against government.
Which is actually the conspiracy possibility... the RFID chips??? Because that's not theory... that's fact... and the National ID card... also fact... so I'm curios as to what you're definition of conspiracy theory is here
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

The first part of the movie dealt with FACT. The experiences of the people interviewed, the word of law, etc. Most of this could be admissible as testmony in court.

The second part of the movie dealt much more with conjecture about the meaning of emerging technologies and policies and hidden/other than conventionally accepted meanings of historical events. Most of this would NOT be admissible as testimony in court.

For instance:
FACT: RFID technology is currently being developed and has significant commercial potential
CONJECTURE: RFID chips or implants will be used to monitor human movements and activities.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: CONJECTURE: RFID chips or implants will be used to monitor human movements and activities.
They're being used this way in Mexico and Britain currently...
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Reference?
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

wonderful idea those RF id tags.. untill people start cutting off bod parts to use as keys when they steal a car or rob a house
V8Mikie

Post by V8Mikie »

I for one would love for Diggity to stop paying his income taxes and I assume most can guess why.

:thumbleft:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

A friend of mine is in law school. I started compiling a list of cases cited in the video for him to look at. So far he's not impressed with the argument made.

It's likely that the anti-tax people are taking a very tiny portion of case law that supports them and ignoring the preponderance of law that does not.
S8n

Post by S8n »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:A friend of mine is in law school. I started compiling a list of cases cited in the video for him to look at. So far he's not impressed with the argument made.

It's likely that the anti-tax people are taking a very tiny portion of case law that supports them and ignoring the preponderance of law that does not.
And that's different than any other group of people involved with law?
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
'87 GT *Now can be seen at V8Archie's!* www.fotki.com/8balls
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

No, but most groups aren't up against the IRS.
xtn_fiero

THE LAW OF THE LAND

Post by xtn_fiero »

No Need to consult a lawyer or read the horror that is the tax code just read the CONSTITUTION, the law of the land.

Section 8 of the Constitutions states that Congress can TAX the people.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#A1Sec8

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin,
and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

Section 9 of the Constitutions AT ONE TIME had a clause that stated there shall be no "DIRECT TAX" i.e. "Income Tax"

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#A1Sec9

Section 9 - Limits on Congress
(No capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.)

However this was clarified be the 16th Amendment to the Constitution passed on February 3, 1913

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am16

Amendment XVI - Status of Income Tax Clarified. Ratified 2/3/1913
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Therefore if you want to STOP PAYING YOUR INCOME TAX!! You must first repeal the 16th Amendment which allows the government to take your money. I should know they take 29% every 2 weeks and I expect in the next 2 years I will be paying 33%, unless we manage to start repealing Amendments.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Watch the video. The argument put forth is that "income" has been defined by a supreme court case to mean profit from corporate activity, NOT personal labor. A sub argument is that the tax code characterizes compliance as mandatory.

As I said above, they're probably seizing on the tiny portion of case law that supports their claim and ignoring the majority that does not, but that's the way such things are done.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

i would preffer a different tax system but its ludicrous to think that we can eliminate taxes (as inneficiently as the gov't uses the money)

I expect to pay taxes - it provides me with paved roads - police protection from criminals (in theory) - emergency services - public schools (50.1% of my property tax goes to that) - and a military force protecting our contry..

plenty of stuff i'd like to make more efficient or just eliminate all together but thats that way of things when its a republic/democracy and not a monarchy lots of money wasted on having many gov't officials, elections, etc.

we could always just vote on every single thing and skip congress/senate/house of reps