Back to the dyno

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

Back to the dyno

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

After about 80 miles on my new clutch I wanted to get back to the dyno to see the new numbers I am putting down with this setup.

Mods are gasket matched heads, larger cam, poorly done gasket match intakes, DM ported upper to 56mm, Stock 52mm throttle body, Fiero Store Sprint Manifolds, open dump after Y pipe. So really not all that much.

The reason why I have the 52 mm tb on there is because the 56 was sticking at part throttle and was a pain in the ass at slow speeds. So maybe there is a bit more left.

Its def stronger then my old engine. You can see it fall on its face after 4500 rpm and I am hoping that maybe the dual tb intake can correct that. I would like to see what it can do as its obvious the motor dies hard. Not sure when or if I ever get around to dynoing the dual tb though but if I do I will be sure to post the results.

This is a comparo of the old engine with the dual tb vs the new.

This was just 3 runs on the dyno with no tuning. I didnt' play with my safc settings at all.

FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
I_wear_pants

Post by I_wear_pants »

I thought your last one made 200whp? Oh and props for posting a dyno sheet instead of the good old fashion 400hp estimate.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

150/190, you're running a 3.4 block now?
GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

Nice. I'm sure it has some left.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

All the .NLers say there's a "wall" at 150 whp because none of them have been able to get more than that. Show them what's up.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I had no idea about that Will. Are they talking about a wall with the stock intake setup?

If so it just goes to show they don't know what they are talking about. 2 hp shy of 150 is pretty much 150 in my book. Putting the ported tb on should easily do it, as well as other little tricks too that I have yet to do.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Just that hardly anyone there has been able to crack 150 whp. I'm pretty sure that's with the Fiero intake. I'm not sure if anyone's done it with the Trueleo intake yet, either.

Lou Dias thinks the engine is restricted on the exhaust side, because he gained several HP by removing his EGR valve from the stock Y-pipe. IMNSHO, a custom of aftermarket Y-pipe should be part of ANY 3.4 build. I don't know why that's so hard to grasp. The 3.4 has 21% more displacement than a 2.8, so it'll make 21% more exhaust. The Fiero exhaust ALREADY restricts the 2.8, so I don't know why anyone even thinks about using the stock Fiero exhaust with a 3.4.
Chase Race

Post by Chase Race »

Nice results. Good job.

Want to refresh me on the different engines? Displacement, intake, exhaust, with or without turbo?
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom: cages, exhausts, fabrication
Duvall, WA
425-269-5636