Clutch pedal.

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

SGT.ROCK

Clutch pedal.

Post by SGT.ROCK »

If I take my clutch pedal off what do I look for that will tell me its bent?Or since my car has 175,000 mile and is almost 21 yrs. old I should go ahead and replace it and see what happens? Thanks.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

You can usually tell without taking it out. The pedal should be straight. If its bent, it usually twists a little to the left or right. If the pedal has any twist to it at all, its only going to get worse. It doesn't take too much to affect your pedal travel and thus affect your slave cylinder travel.
<Insert Sig Here>
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Its where your pedal attaches to the pedal assembly with the brake pedal. THe pedal in that area is shaped like a "U" It should have 90 degree angles there. Most of the time they get bent inward so the angles are more along the lines of 85 degrees each or so. They can be bent back out. I did with mine. Mine wasn't bent bad, just a few degrees based on my eyeballs, but I straightened it anyways.