What cell phones do you guys have? Need some reviews

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

JohnnyK

What cell phones do you guys have? Need some reviews

Post by JohnnyK »

MY cell phone now seems to power off when an incoming call is about to hit it. I'm debating ('entry' level phones) between an LG 245 (Might be called a 5300 for some, I dunno) and probably a Samsung A645.. ANyone use either of these phones? The LG comes with a (Albeit shitty) camera, but I hate the external antenna, although I could live with it. I'm curious if I can take a picture and set it to call ID though, as I'm reading mixed reviews on the web (You can assign a picture, but not a photo..? Who knows).. Also how the MP3 ring tones sound on it. Really I can't find much on the Samsung A645's.. Thanks guys
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I have one like fox mulder from 1994

this one is cool too get this

JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

I actually have a Zack Morris phone somewhere, but anyways....
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

dude sell it!
JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

Hey, peep this theory.. Lets say I can't assign a PHOTO to a specific incoming call, but I can assign a picture (I don't know what that means, but most reviews say for some reason, with a camera, you can't assign a photo).. Is it that far fetched to think if I were to buy a USB data cable for it, I could assign a photo to the call ID somehow?
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I would NOT recommend a moto Q.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

I have a Panasonic.
JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

Not sure about the Q.. but I'm not aware of it, so it's probably out of my budget.. As for Panasonic, not an option for the providers I'm looking at I don't think..
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

My LG VX3200 is basic as all hell, pretty much just callls and texts, but its never let me down in the 2+ years I've had it.
<Insert Sig Here>
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

black razor - works good - after this i'm thinking about that new chocolate or whatever it is that is like a cell and ipod in one
TurboGT

Post by TurboGT »

I have the new samsung a-707. It has a micro-sd slot so you can load music onto the card and play it from there. I went to tigerdirect.com and got a 1Gb card for $30

Mega Squirted Turbo 3400
The install
How to MS your Fiero
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

I'm a die-hard Nokia fan. My Nokia was $100 off plan a couple of years ago, I use pre paid as it's much cheaper for me then a monthly contract. Nokias are bulletproof, and mine has an internal antenna along with a camera that takes video along with fairly decent pics.

With this camera, and I suspect with other Nokias, you can take a picture, assign it to a phone number, and the picture will come up on the caller ID screen when that number comes in, as well as comes up on the number list when you are dialing.
derangedsheep

Post by derangedsheep »

Ive got a Sony Ericsson w810. I have had a Nokia, a Motorola, and now this one and this is probably the best one. Its got a ton of features in it. 2 megapixel digital camera with a very bright LED that works like a flash, video camera, walkman (although I dont use that feature), FM radio, bluetooth, and some other stuff. It takes memory sticks up to I think 4gb or so. Its a bit pricey though. After the rebates it ended up costing me about $160.
JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

Thanks guys.. Really like that Samsung.. It's what I'd be getting if i could afford it.. :D But the only ones they offer around here (without buying used) seem to be the Samsung a840 or something like that, which frankly, si more than I"m willing to pay for a phone.. I'm quite confused about what they call their phones (LG at least).. What ever happened to Kyocera?! Did they all break like mine? :D
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

I'm actually in the process of getting a new phone right now too. I think right now, it's between, the LG VX-8300, VX-8600, and the Samsung SCH-A930. If you haven't already, take a look at phonescoop.com.
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

eHoward wrote:I would NOT recommend a moto Q.
really? why is that?
I just setup a few of them for our office. they link directly with the MS exchange server. no "activesync" needed anymore. I thought this was a great feature. much better than them blackberrys they were using.

and, I have had pretty good luck with the Verizon service.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

I'm a Samsung fan... I've dropped my sch-a670 at least 60 times... and even once got it REALLY wet... it didn't work for two days after it got wet... but came back online and still works very well to this day... the only problem I ever had that was really major, was using the head set... for some reason or another it got "broken" where it would only work with the headset in... but it's fixed itself since then...

I dunno... when I buy a new phone when my plan expires, I am buying Samsung all the way... I've run this thing through it's paces... never let me down :thumbleft:
JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

ON a whim I paid an extra $30 without reading a review on a Samsung a870.. (over the LG 5300 or whatever).. Not sure what to think yet.. I know my provider (Telus) can bite the bag.. The cheapest plan I could find clocks in at 31 with tax and wha tnot.. then I find out CallID and Voicemail aren't included and require an extra $5 each.. What a rip man.. Pay and Talk is definately the way to go..
product1620

Post by product1620 »

I like my moto razor, first gen though, so no mp3's for me. :cussing:
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
S8n

Post by S8n »

I've had my RAZR for two years now and haven't had any problems with it. It's been dropped and smashed a few times, but it still works fine. Battery life is starting to suck though, esp with bluetooth on.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
'87 GT *Now can be seen at V8Archie's!* www.fotki.com/8balls