New fancy seats

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

befarrer

New fancy seats

Post by befarrer »

Well, I fixed the tear I had in my Grand Prix seats. I got new ones, $11.50 each. They came out of a 92 or 93 Buick Skylark GS 2 door. They are part leather, and part velour fabric, the fabric is fuzzy, and the leather isnt ripped or in bad shape. They match my interior better too, but sit an inch or so higher than my Grand Prix seats did, but they are alot more supportive, 3X the side support, the headrests go up about 2 inches, but also tilt forward. My only complaint is that these dont have a pouch in the rear, since I dont have power windows, I dont have a pouch in the doors or really anywhere else, so that sucks. But they look good, what do you think:

Here are my old Grand Prix seats I got for $9.99 each 2 years ago, they were very comfy:

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Not my thing, seems against the whole sports car image thing.

I really like the Fiero seats.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Can't beat the price.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: New fancy seats

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

befarrer wrote:I got new ones, $11.50 each.

Here are my old Grand Prix seats I got for $9.99 each 2 years ago
Moving up in teh world.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

Fiero seats are hard to come by here, my original ones were worn down to the metal frame on the side, and ripped on the bottom. I just saw my the first Fiero in the junkyard in about 1 year, and the seats were crap. Plus, this is different. Actually, these are just about as supportive as the Fiero seats, I am supprized, and it must have been a skinny person driving this car as the drivers side and passenger side are still firm, and not over-broken in from some 300lb guy sitting on it.
Mickey_Moose

Post by Mickey_Moose »

Hi Ben,

Just curious where did you find them?

I also have my seats out of the 86 for sale if you are interested in Fiero seats - they will need to be recovered, but the foam is still good. I stuck in some 4th generation Firebird seats in mine, which is why I am wanting to get rid of the Fiero ones ;)

A bit on the light side, but the price was right (free). ;)

Did you finally decide to drive your car yet, or is it still parked for the winter?

Tim
Leafy

Post by Leafy »

Hey Ben,

The two tone looks good, it's not really a sport seat though :thumbleft:

I should be back in the Mix come sunday... Be Available to welcome a new member to the family!

Sean