UPS SUCKS.

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Falcon4

UPS SUCKS.

Post by Falcon4 »

Rant mode on.

Okay, so I ordered a new fuel pump yesterday from Fiero Store. Neato. I had them ship it 2nd Day Air with UPS for 16 bucks, a small price to pay to get back on the road within the week. Otherwise it'd take a full week since they're on the east coast and I'm... well, not. I get the UPS shipping info and they actually shipped it NEXT day air! That's like 30 bucks or something. Wow. So it'd be coming today!

NAWT. It DID get here but because UPS is a bunch of FUCKING RETARDS, they didn't bother providing their drivers with cell phones like FedEx does, or any other way to deliver the package with a (worthless piece of shit) dog in the yard like USPS does (set it right inside the gate). No! They take this NEXT DAY AIR package and LEAVE A NOTE saying they'll deliver it... not in an hour... not in a few hours... not tonight... but TOMOOOOORRRRROOOOWWWW!!!!!! WHY DIDNT I JUST GET SECOND DAY AIR THEN?! DOES THIS MAKE ANY LOGICAL SENSE? A time sensitive package (as far as they're concerned, since someone burned THIRTY BUCKS to have it there the next day) and they leave A NOTE!

I swear to god, sometimes it would be a good idea to boycott UPS for their SHITTY systems...
'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153... 156... 157... 158... 161k... 163k... 165k... 168k... SHIT I LOST COUNT
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

Oh, and I needn't even mention that I had to call two different numbers - one because the damn "InfoNotice number" wasn't in their system yet (gee, maybe because I JUST MISSED THEM and it wouldn't inconvenience them THAT MUCH to turn around right then!), and finally the other to get a real person that could tell me "Oh, well that's just regular procedure, we can deliver it tomorrow or... you could pick it up some time later tonight?" WELL NO SHIT, TONIGHT would be better than TOMORROW you dumb fucks!

God... UPS is so fucking RETARDED... :cussing:
'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153... 156... 157... 158... 161k... 163k... 165k... 168k... SHIT I LOST COUNT
whipped

Post by whipped »

Dude.... I've had next day air packages from UPS take 4 days. Seriously.

Nobody knows exactly what happened, but my guess is it got jammed under a seat or something, because it said "out for delivery" for almost a week. And that was with me calling them daily.
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

LOL!!! Okay, I guess I got off good then! :thumbleft:

So I went out in mom's ghetto-ass truck (you know, the one with switches to start it and run it, with a hole in place of radio and speakers, and a bed that doesn't match the cab) to get a fuel filter from Pep Boys. After it stalled like, 15 times (it's an AUTOMATIC! and it STALLED!), I saw a UPS truck turning around an infamous right hand corner! VICTORY IS MINE! I gave chase. It was stopped in middle of the street. I found a better place to park and ran like a bat out of hell to catch it. Waited outside for like, 3 minutes before the guy came back, and said "HEY! Have you got a Next Day Air package?", he said "Yeah, come over to the other side" (I was almost standing in middle of the road at this point). He opened the giant door and right behind it was this package with "EXTREMELY URGENT - Next Day Air" stamped all over it. Mm. Extremely urgent means leave a note. :scratch:

Anyway, I signed, I got it, it was UPS beaten up as usual, and my day couldn't be better. :thumbleft:
04/10/2007 11:46 A.M. DELIVERY
04/10/2007 10:02 A.M. THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE
04/10/2007 7:26 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
2nd delivery attempt my ass. :thumbleft:
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

Merger of the century:

At least it's honest?
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Talk to someone who works for UPS or Fed Ex. You're happier not knowing how much they lose and break shit.
<Insert Sig Here>
V8Mikie

Post by V8Mikie »

Tip of the day: Get to know your local UPS office. Every UPS "hub" has an office that kind of directs the drivers. They do customer service as well. I have had similar things happen to packages I needed that day (I missed them and they left a note). They can either get the driver to come back or on rare occasions have you and him meet up somewhere reasonably close (once we met up the street, not even a mile away from my house, no biggie for me). At least thats how it is where I live, but I live in an urban setting and there are a ton of houses in one area so the UPS driver is never too far.

So yea, get that precious number so in the future you can call them and they can contact the driver. Of course this won't work if you don't see the note until after 5 PM...
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

I distrust them tremendously, but have to use them at work...

I have to say that on a corporate level, they don't suck anywhere NEAR as much as when I have to deal with them for personal shit.

That's to say I've moved about $100,000 worth of computer equipment around the world in the past month without incident or lateness. :salute:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

Yeah, I got the note not 10 minutes after the guy left. I immediately called the 800 number and they didn't have the notice number in their system yet. Then the 800-pick-ups number fed me through a bullshit "talking" menu (where you have to SAY things, which SUCKS), and I finally got a rep. They had the office call me. The office then said they'd bring it back tomorrow, or I could pick it up. They're useless. >.<

An hour later, the truck was still in our hood though. Unscheduled pickups always work. :thumbleft:
whipped

Post by whipped »

I've had great luck with USPS..... only 1 lost package. If I found the receipt with my insurance info on it, I would have been reimbursed for the $150 too. :thumbleft:
GT86

Post by GT86 »

Fastback86 wrote:Talk to someone who works for UPS or Fed Ex. You're happier not knowing how much they lose and break shit.
Very true. For those not in the "industry", you'd be surprised at the amount of loss. FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, it doesn't matter.

For quick service, try USPS--seriously. I'm in AZ, and every time I've ordered from the Fiero Store, I've had it two days later, assuming I order in the morning. Order Tuesday morning, it's in my mailbox Thursday afternoon. USPS has spent a lot of time and money trying to improve priority mail service scores. They still have a ways to go, but it's not like it used to be 10 years ago.
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

I had on package that was on the truck for 3 days not being delivered because they were redirecting traffic because of some road work just before my street. The driver wasn't smart enough to come around from the other side or ask the police to let him through to deliver. I finally got fed up and called them to let them know how displeased I was. The package finally came after that call.
Never ask for overnight or even 2nd day delivery because they will burn you every time. I get stuff quicker by asking for regular ground.
I asked the driver when he would have delivered the package if I hadn't called and he gave me some bullshit story about not knowing the area or not being able to deviate from his route, so my package would have been "in transit" indefinitely till he could get around the detour. At least my mail person was smart enough to got around the detour or I wouldn't have gotten my mail for weeks too.
I treat others as they treat me
whipped

Post by whipped »

GT86 wrote: For quick service, try USPS--seriously.
Yeah, can't be beat.

I order electronics parts from MN a lot. USPS first class or priority- takes 2 days, every time. UPS - took 5 days + the weekend = 1 week. Never again. But that was a special circumstance and I had to use UPS...
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

Yep, USPS rocks serious boxx0rz. 3 days from the furthest possible location, 1 day if you're within a few hundred miles, and they're still pretty cheap, especially for light stuff. So I was like, hrm. 3 days for priority and some change left on the gift certificate I couldn't reasonably spend, 2 days for UPS 2nd Day and pay 2 or 3 more bucks. Ah hell, UPS. :P
(Oh, the other options... UPS Ground? That's the "if you want it, eventually, maybe, then pay us more than USPS would charge" option. But they are cheaper than USPS as the weight goes up...)

I always ship USPS when I send something, unless requested otherwise... UPS never gets there. I could start on a few other UPS horror stories of my own too... :la:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

If ordering from McMaster-Carr before mid-afternoon, I have my order the next day via UPS ground. Their distro center is in Atlanta and I'm in VA.
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

next time you place an order, make the shipment say "OK TO LEAVE ON DOORSTEP!" .. they will LEAVE the package with no signature. ta fucking DA , learn the system. or if your ordering from fiero store place order by phone , and have THEM put it on there.
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

They were complaining about the dumbshit dog in the front yard... not a signature. USPS and FedEx are never stopped by that lump. :scratch:
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

I go USPS for all my E-bay transactions
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

I used to work as a pre-loader for UPS. That means I load the 'delivery car' (the truck). Well as it happened, they never did put me on a route and keep me there. Instead of learning where to load stuff in only 4 trucks, I got shifted around to different routes, so I was never able to really learn them and get fast. They were always on my ass to hurry up too. Sometimes they put me on label flip. All I had to do was make sure the label was up so the route sorter could see them better.

Sometimes the belts would get so backed up the packages piled up and would get stuck because an overpassing belt would block it. Had to yell at the guy to shut off the belt then go clean up the mess and carry on. They eventually moved me to 'unload' because I wasn't fast enough at loading the trucks.

The best packages always came from companies like Grainger, Dell, IBM, and Apple. Their boxes were always thicker, taped better, insulated better, etc. Other comps that shipped stuff that seemed to be retards are Home Depot, Avon, paper ads (handouts for conventions, etc) and whoever ships nuts and bolts. The home depot packages that shipped broomstick handles would ALWAYS break open. 48 metal tubes in a box and maybe 40 to 60 boxes. Everyone knew it was broomstick day because you could hear them rolling down ramps and things throughout the complex. The Avon packages were like bankers boxes. They never come taped, only a plastic strap to hold the lid on, and usually stacked two high. Nuts and bolts packages came through in boxes about 8 inches square, filled to the top, and not taped very well. When these things come tumbling down the ramps, they break open on rollers or when they hit bottom and parts rain down for tens of minutes.

People who package rack/pinion sets should be shot. It's usually two boxes taped together end to end, and they leak oil everywhere and break.

Repack: An area with new boxes and lots of tape. All the broken packages and 'leakers' go there. I repacked two boxes of aluminum straps into one box, weighing in at 140 pounds. I repacked a directv set, which somehow got spread across the complex. I repacked a box of stuff going to Disneyland, a bunch of giant Buzz Lightyear mascot style boots. Countless other stuff.

I was finally forced to quit (or be fired). They have a relatively new in-house tracking/label system that prints a label for each box as it comes out of the truck. Someone scans every single package as it comes and slaps the label on. UPS in their infinite wisdom don't have any firewalls between their shipping centers, it's all one big network. I had no idea this was true until one day, I opened a command prompt on one of their computers and typed 'net send * BLAH!' and pressed enter, and looked and saw it on all the computers in the place. About three hours later some suits walk up to me and ask if I was working at that unload door at that time and then it hit me. The message appeared on every computer in the entire UPS network, and these guys came from northern california to Anaheim to fire me.
Despite millions of dollars in research, Death continues to be our nations number one killer.
Henry Gibson - Kentucky Fried Movie.

http://www.lordshadowstar.com
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

BTW, after getting 20 hour a week if I was lucky at 10.50 an hour, just getting into the teamsters union, and quitting, I started working at Fry's electronics (the NASA Shuttle one on La Palma) full time for minimum wage. I was a lot less stressed, had more fun, made lots more money.

Better to work for less money for more hours. You end up with more.