classic fiero insurance

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

the-dude1

classic fiero insurance

Post by the-dude1 »

does any body have classic auto insurance on there fiero? if so how much does it run? i know some company's dont consider it a classic until 30 years but some do at 20! just wondering its always nice to pay less to those bastards when you can
whipped

Post by whipped »

The trick seems to be you need another car for a daily driver, and you can't drive your fiero to do anything that could be considered an errand.
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

I believe the age requirement is set by your state. Connecticut is 20 years where RI is 25. Thats for antique plates, which I think you need to get cheaper classic insurance.
the-dude1

Post by the-dude1 »

i know you also need proof of a garage that it is parked every day! they make it pretty tough
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Mileage limits, etc.
I drive my car too much for classic car insurance.
After all, that's why I built it... to have a blast driving the P!$$ out of it.
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

P8ntman442 in CT your car needs to be 25 years old to be considered an antique.
What is an Antique Car?

Generally speaking, antique cars are those that are at least 25 years of age. However, some states set different definitions for the purpose of antique vehicle registration.

Antique cars are typically not used as regular forms of transportation. Because of their advanced age, the cars are often too expensive to operate more than a few times per month.

Antique cars are shown in parades, road rallies, and other special events. For thousands of people across the world, collecting antique cars is an exciting hobby that provides an opportunity to connect with other auto enthusiasts.

Classic Cars and Vintage Cars
Antique cars are sometimes called classic cars or vintage cars. However, these terms are not necessarily interchangeable.

A classic car is a distinctive automobile produced between 1925 and 1948. Many classic cars are American-made, but a classic car can also be a foreign-built automobile. The most valuable classic cars tend to be those that were expensive at the time of release and manufactured in limited quantities.

A vintage car is usually described a car built between 1919 and 1930, although there is some debate about the ending date for this term. In the automotive industry, the period after World War I was a time of great change. Cars manufactured during this time became more practical, convenient, and comfortable than previous models.
I also found out that a title is not needed for registration in CT if the car was manufactured before 1981.
I treat others as they treat me
Neeraj

Re: classic fiero insurance

Post by Neeraj »

Classic cars are at least 20 years old but not older than 45 years, while vintage cars are 25 years or older. GBWhatsApp APK
So, if a car is between 25 to 45, can we call it classic as well as vintage?