Took the rustang to the dragstrip last saturday

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

product1620

Took the rustang to the dragstrip last saturday

Post by product1620 »

Well this was my first time racing on a dragstrip, but I had a blast. My first run was rather discouraging, but I spun all the way through first, and ended up with a high 15, I imediatly went back to the line, and ran again, this time I didn't spin as much and pulled off a low 15, but I knew there was a mid 14 in this car, so my next run I tried some different things and pulled off a high 14. I let the car sit for a few minutes while I ate lunch with my dad (who was running his chrysler 300 hemi) after that me and my dad switched cars and raced, I ran a 14.65 with the chrysler, and he ran a low 15, we lined them up again, and I ran about the same, but he improved to a 14.99. He decided he had enough of the stick shift, and we switched back. I got in a few more runs, and ran pretty consistant with 14.80's, I then decided to make a few changes, I lowered the air pressure in the rear, and iced down the intake for a few minutes, I then got back on the track and ran a 14.70, my next run was a 14.65, then right after that, my personal best of 14.60, which was better than my dads best in his 300. I was able to line up with a few other racers, I beat a couple, and lost to a few, but it was a good experience. I actually beat a guy with a big block mustang twice, he was running low 15's, because he couldn't drive, and he couldn't hook up at the line.
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.