Turbo 3.4pr

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:I have a stock 88 fiero computer and am using a sinister chip with 24lb injectors. its working good for me. 7730 is an upgrade, but not a necessity to have a good running turbo.
The 7730 is a worthwhile upgrade. Between the DIS ICM, and the ESC system, the computer is much better for turbo apps.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
dgzfiero
Live from Ard's Cricket Ranch

Post by dgzfiero »

Nothing really new here, just a couple of pics of the motor.
And for the hell of it, a pic of where the air intake is going through the fenderwell.
dgzfiero
Live from Ard's Cricket Ranch

Post by dgzfiero »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:split the topic if you have to as I don't want to ruin this thread

Nice work dgz. Is it running yet?

I would have put the MAT sensor after the intercooler not before the turbo. The computer needs to know what the airflow temp is going into the engine itself. After being compressed and intercooled, I am not sure what the temps might be and how much they would differentiate from ambient.

I ended up putting my MAT sensor in the intake manifold itself next to the power brake booster vacuum line on the end near the thermostat housing.

I like turbo setups, can't wait to hear how yours runs. :thumbleft:
It runs now, haven't been able to make my laptop hook up to it. It only likes syncing up to the cars computer when it, the car, is cold :scratch: i.e. not warmed up. I am going to try it tomorrow, I used up the laptops battery trying earlier. I am reading it with the winaldl stuff. I really want to see if anything is way out of whack before I take it out on a main street. I'll take a look at the temp sensor and see about moving it. I didn't think of that.