Found another one!

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

What should I do?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:00 am

Sell the 2m4 and get another GT
60%
Swap the GT engine into the 2m4
40%

Total votes: 5

Dryfter_09_19

Found another one!

Post by Dryfter_09_19 »

I recently found an '85 GT that would be perfect for a 3800 swap. The guy said the engine wasn't getting fuel and he wants $500 for it. Looks like crap but o well.

I was wondering if it would be easier to:

A. Do the swap then put the GT's old engine in to my 2m4?
or
B. Sell the 2m4 and buy another GT.

I know that it would be easier to do B, but I guess would it be worth the trouble of changing my 2m4 to a GT.
1985 Fiero 2M4
I suck at cars...
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

fastbacks suck. put the 3800 in the 2m4
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Don't let the GT or 2M4 names put any ideas about prestige into your head. We're talking about 20 year old low end cars. The important thing is that you build something you like, learn something from it and can take pride in your work.

'85 GT's are aero notchies.

There's a lot that's different between the 4 and the 6... Some of that will come in handy when you swap the GT over to the 3800. IE, V6 fuel lines and wiring harness will be handy for the 3800 swap, BUT if you do both swaps in parallel (swap 4 cylinder fuel lines over to the 3800 car) and have the wiring harness with the 3800, then you can probably do both swaps without a whole lot of extra trouble.
Dryfter_09_19

Post by Dryfter_09_19 »

Don't let the GT or 2M4 names put any ideas about prestige into your head. We're talking about 20 year old low end cars. The important thing is that you build something you like, learn something from it and can take pride in your work.

'85 GT's are aero notchies.

There's a lot that's different between the 4 and the 6... Some of that will come in handy when you swap the GT over to the 3800. IE, V6 fuel lines and wiring harness will be handy for the 3800 swap, BUT if you do both swaps in parallel (swap 4 cylinder fuel lines over to the 3800 car) and have the wiring harness with the 3800, then you can probably do both swaps without a whole lot of extra trouble.

What do you mean by aero notchies?

I guess I'll explain in a little more detail just to make sure I'm conveying what I'm trying.

I currently have a 2m4 with just under 79000 original miles. the interior is more or less spotless (a little sun damage above the front two vents). If I keep the car I would like to keep it more or less stock (minus throwing the gt's engine into it).

With the GT and the engine swap I would be throwing in a 3800 (not SC), then later when I decide to, I plan on throwing in a turbo. I would then redo the interior of the car (because it's crap right now). After I got this swap done. I would then be putting the GT's v6 into the 2m4.

The reason I would put the 2.6 into the 2m4 is because I want something that has a little balls, but is still drivable in the winter. Then the GT would be my summer car.
1985 Fiero 2M4
I suck at cars...
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Aero Notchie = notchback rear with aero (GT & '86 SE) nose).
slow'n'steady

Post by slow'n'steady »

aero notchie...

Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

Nice paint job!

I might like it better with the Formula rims though, black.
Despite millions of dollars in research, Death continues to be our nations number one killer.
Henry Gibson - Kentucky Fried Movie.

http://www.lordshadowstar.com
slow'n'steady

Post by slow'n'steady »

Starlite528 wrote:Nice paint job!

I might like it better with the Formula rims though, black.
factory paint... it is now sandd and prepped for new paint but i "lost" my paint funds due to some crap that popped up.