Yay, another AutoX for me

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

befarrer

Yay, another AutoX for me

Post by befarrer »

Went to my 2nd autocross this year, and 3rd ever. Did pretty good, I tried running the set of BF goodrich Radial T/A I had laying around, they are P195/70R14's on steel rims, with my P215/60R14 Yokohama Avid T4's on aluminum rims on the rear. I think the front end has more grip with them compared to running my P215's on all 4 corners, but as soon as I get on the gas, I loose almost all front end traction, I couldnt even get the rear end to swing out, all it did was push the front end straight. Anyway, I did 8 runs, 4 of them being fun runs at the end, I have videos of all 4 of my fun runs, I was pushing the car hard, and I had a more experienced driver as a passenger on the 2nd run, and he agreed I was reaching the limits of my tires, and the only thing he really had to say was to use 2 hands on the steering wheel on the straights and small corners. Anyway, here are the videos:

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/befarrer/AutoX/

MY best time was on my 4th fun run, which was a 50.209 seconds, and no time penalties from cones knocked over. There was a lotus Exige there, which was running 42.XXX on the timed runs, so I am happy with that. He had slicks too, compared to my street tires, and 260,000KM old stock suspension.