Radiator Fan

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Dryfter_09_19

Radiator Fan

Post by Dryfter_09_19 »

My radiator fan starts to spin when I turn on my car, but after that it won't spin. Driving on the high way it's fine, but then I get into town and sit at a stop light and she starts to heat up a little.

I've checked all my fuses in the fuse box and didn't have to replace any of them.
1985 Fiero 2M4
I suck at cars...
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

sounds as if someone might have created thier own curcuit for it prior to you owning the car. Check and see if the wiring was tampered with right at the switch ontop of the motor.
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

push the max button on the ac controls does the fan come on? If not your probably looking at a corroded wire or bad relay. Take the fn temp switch on the intake and ground the wire to the battery, that should make it run. If either of them dont turn it on, leave the wire grounded and check for voltage at the fan connector your fan motor itself may be shot. and your only getting a few degrees of rotation until it dies.
Dryfter_09_19

Post by Dryfter_09_19 »

Well, it worked fine before. But my car recently over heated. Sorry, must have slipped my mind when I was typing that. I'm guessing that could be a reason that it doesn't stay on/turn on when it needs to?

Will pushing that max button work if I don't have an AC belt on? (last alternator belt blew and i had to get the ac belt off so i could put the alternator belt back on and i haven't put the ac belt back on yet.
1985 Fiero 2M4
I suck at cars...
whipped

Post by whipped »

Yes, it'll still work