My G-Tech Runs

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Chris-Nelson

My G-Tech Runs

Post by Chris-Nelson »

I know that this sort of "testing" is not the most accurate, but I believe that it does a fairly good job at getting you a very very close idea of what your car can do. Anyway, enough of the disclaimer.

Well, I g-tech'd my car today and was kinda surprised, kinda not.

It's an '85 with a 3.4L v6 from a '95 camaro with (supposedly) an upgraded camshaft. It has an automatic tranny which is probably the reason for the poor time.

17.8 second 1/4mile @ 88mph

WOAH! :o

I think that the torque converter lockup circuit is messed up and keeps the tq converter locked all the time, which may be a reason for the poor time. Also, there is a miss that feels like something with the ignition, and it also has a slight oil leak.

Ok, enough of the Ford-brand excuses. The car is slow.

This is what I plan on doing to remedy the problem. This week I will be doing a bunch of work to the car:
**Fix the oil leak
**Oil Change
**Install Ceramic Coated headers
**Install custom Dual Throttle body intake manifold
**Install Underdrive Pulley
**Install MSD 6al Ignition box
**Fix tranny and flush fluid

After I get all that done and back on the road I will do another G-Tech run. The engine is supposed to be a 160bhp engine. So, a loss of aprox. 50hp through the tranny is not surprising I guess, but it is supposed to have an upgraded camshaft so we'll see what heppens!

Here's to going faster: Image
Last edited by Chris-Nelson on Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris-Nelson

Post by Chris-Nelson »

Also keep in mind that I got a car with Air conditioning, cruise control, and an automatic transmission on purpose. This is not a race car, I want to be comfortable cruising in the Fiero. :D I almost did NOT post this info because it's kinda embarrassing... :ky:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

my 2.8 with a homemade cai, and ported exh manifolds and an underdrive pulley with an auto tranny in an 85 GT according to my old gtech ran to 60 in 7.5 seconds and the qtr mile in 16.2 at 89 mph.

My best time at a real track was 16.1 at 88 I believe. It might have been 87 mph though

Just a tidbit. Disconnect your blue TCC lockup switch ont he side of the tranny and see if your times improved. Mine did on both the gtech and an actual qtr mile track(Norwalk)

Your car shouldn't be that slow.
coinage

Post by coinage »

gonna take a looky at those valve covers? :boobies: :cheers:
Chris-Nelson

Post by Chris-Nelson »

I don't know if I want to pull the valve covers just yet. Then I need to replace 3 gaskets that I wasn't originally planning on doing. I'm working on the lower manifold porting now, and when it's done I'll pull it all apart and check the valve covers.

Here's my g-tech:
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Thats the old G-tech which was known for being rediculously innaccurate, hope it reads high.
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

my stock 2.8 fiero with 3 spd auto ran a best of 16.9 once.. W00T! usually around a 17.3 , I hope that reads high.