87 Getrag 150000k miles

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

loudias

87 Getrag 150000k miles

Post by loudias »

Tranny's been sitting since one of my my 146.3hp 3.4's valves fell into the combustion chamber in March of 2001.

Entertaining serious offers.
ZeroC

Post by ZeroC »

wtf did you post the hp of your 3.4 ???
140 hp is no biggie
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

ZeroC wrote:wtf did you post the hp of your 3.4 ???
140 hp is no biggie
He said 146.3hp BITCH! You bettta reckognize yo!
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
loudias

Post by loudias »

actually my second (actually 3rd) 3.4 did 149.8rwhp.
http://www.geocities.com/lou_dias/Fiero.html

I posted so when you look at my dyno sheet, it has the date of my dyno and you know the tranny came from that package and not the 88GT I bought after that happened. It's just so you know it came from a running car and the engine blew and the tranny is fine.
whipped

Post by whipped »

Holy shit! And I thought my car had miles!
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

loudias wrote:It's just so you know it came from a running car and the engine blew and the tranny is fine.
It may have come from a running car, but with 150K on the clock, it's certainly not fine.

It may be serviceable as a daily driver, but for performance use a transmission with that many miles on it is not much more than a rebuildable core.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Thats why he said entertaining offers.

Please dont' be like Fagland and tell someone that something is overpriced or garbage.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

he hasn't named a price yet. While somewhat awkward from a negotiating standpoint that's perfectly acceptible if he just wants to get something for it.

In the end, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I might be interested but I have 7 or 8 similar transmissions in my shed...
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

hey lou try this guy. he posted this on Fagland

http://www.fiero.com/forum/Forum4/HTML/026556.html

He specifically says he needs a 5 spd so I thought i would let you know in case you missed it.
whipped

Post by whipped »

You'd have to pay me to take a getrag with 150 million miles. :blah5:
JamesCurtis

Post by JamesCurtis »

If you've ever seen green goblin's car, you'll know he's never gonna be able to mate a 5 spd to a 3800sc, and get it running in his new fiero. Hell he couldn't even figure out how to route wires to his LED windshield washer nozzles without them being extremely noticeable. And I forgot to mention, his 2 10" subs in the front compartment really thump! :knob:
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

JamesCurtis wrote:If you've ever seen green goblin's car, you'll know he's never gonna be able to mate a 5 spd to a 3800sc, and get it running in his new fiero. Hell he couldn't even figure out how to route wires to his LED windshield washer nozzles without them being extremely noticeable. And I forgot to mention, his 2 10" subs in the front compartment really thump! :knob:
that kid reminds me alot of roof wing boy. Talks all sorts of shit about how they are going to swap in a (Insert rediculous engine here) in their 200k mile sun-faded, multi-colored 4-banger with a roof wing, yet they can't even change their spark plugs.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
bryson

Post by bryson »

Haha like this kid told me that he didnt know his compression ratio because "he hadn't been to the dyno yet" so when he told me he was going to put this "Stage 3" head on his car I asked him who was going to do it for him (I was going to offer to do it for some money) and he replied by saying "I work on cars!" as if I didn't at all. Ahh I love those kids.
loudias

Post by loudias »

whipped wrote:You'd have to pay me to take a getrag with 150 million miles. :blah5:
Well, the transmission is in working condition. Just because it has 150k doesn't mean it won't last another 150k. I'm not saying that it will, but there is no need for a comment like that.

Let me ask you this. How much is it worth if it was freshly rebuilt? And...would you be willing to spend that money. If not, just don't post. All I'm asking is a little courtesy.
JamesCurtis

Post by JamesCurtis »

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but here's a pic of the kids car

and here's a link to the thread

http://www.fiero.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/051066.html

srry lou, back to selling the getrag :thumbleft:
whipped

Post by whipped »

loudias wrote:Just because it has 150k doesn't mean it won't last another 150k. I'm not saying that it will, but there is no need for a comment like that.
That was a joke son... Your title says 150000k getrag. :lamer:

If you had it rebuilt, I don't know that you'd get your costs back. Hell, I didn't even know they could be rebuilt, I assumed the rebuild kits dried up long ago. How are the synchros?
loudias

Post by loudias »

whipped wrote:
loudias wrote:Just because it has 150k doesn't mean it won't last another 150k. I'm not saying that it will, but there is no need for a comment like that.
That was a joke son... Your title says 150000k getrag. :lamer:

If you had it rebuilt, I don't know that you'd get your costs back. Hell, I didn't even know they could be rebuilt, I assumed the rebuild kits dried up long ago. How are the synchros?
No gear grinds into gear. Yes you can rebuild them and even throw in 284 synchros I believe...

oops yeah, I just noticed I wrote 150000k getrag instead of 150000 mile getrag, lol - sorry