RFT Official 1/4 mile times

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

donk_316
Booooooost

RFT Official 1/4 mile times

Post by donk_316 »

Wanna start one here? or is it redundant?

Post your times and Ill update a list on this post.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Let start off with a time of: DNF by Master Tuner Akimoto.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

:thumbleft:
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Series8217 wrote:Let start off with a time of: DNF by Master Tuner Akimoto.
HAHAHAH :thumbleft:
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

OH NOES!!! People want actual times? Fuck that, I'll bench race: 11.0 @ 150.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

One of these days. :thumbleft:
I treat others as they treat me
Fierocious

Post by Fierocious »

heh. why not. I know the limits of the motor. 16.6 @82 ;)
I can't wait to drop this truck motor.
1988 Fiero GT
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Fierocious wrote:heh. why not. I know the limits of the motor. 16.6 @82 ;)
I can't wait to drop this truck motor.
16.6???

Ouch!

I thought it was common for the 2.8l to run flat-low 16s? Then again, my car certainly doesn't feel like a low 16 second car honestly, my low 15 Lumina walks away HARD.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Shut the fuck up Donny.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Sorry, let me simplify it.

What does the average 2.8 5-speed run, is a 16.6 normal?

I remember reading about high 15, low 16 passes, but I have never seen one, and judging how my Lumina pulls it and how my GT feels, it is hard to believe the car can do a flat 16.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

16's are normal for an auto - or higher altitudes
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Sorry, let me simplify.

Shut.

The.

Fuck.

Up.

Thank you in advance.
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

my fucking 130k mile slushbox boat anchor ran a 16.3 , Best time ever , havent been able to replicate it either, i stopped running the car down the track tho cuz i need it to last for a while not explode. high 15's is easy for a decent driver in a 5 spd 2.8
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Kohburn wrote:16's are normal for an auto - or higher altitudes
That is what I wanted to know.

However, I guess it is hard for me to see sub 16s out of the Fiero judging on how hard my Z34 pulls away form the Fiero, especially above 60mph. It literally starts racking up car length after car length. I doubt my Fiero could run better than a 16.2 at sea level.

Stimpy, what the fuck is your problem? We are trying to discuss 1/4mi times here, and you can't do anything but tell me to shut up. Drop it, it hasn't worked yet and it isn't going to. I want to discuss this.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Aaron wrote:

However, I guess it is hard for me to see sub 16s out of the Fiero judging on how hard my Z34 pulls away form the Fiero, especially above 60mph. It literally starts racking up car length after car length. I doubt my Fiero could run better than a 16.2 at sea level.

Stimpy, what the fuck is your problem? We are trying to discuss 1/4mi times here, and you can't do anything but tell me to shut up. Drop it, it hasn't worked yet and it isn't going to. I want to discuss this.
i've driven pristine condition getrag gt's that felt a lot slower than my ragged out SE auto.. the 2.8's vary a lot in output from my exprience
ITSA6

Post by ITSA6 »

Aaron wrote:

maybe you are just more use to racing with a FWD car than a mid engine car. the way you launch the car is COMPLETLY different. maybe your fiero is just a pile of shit and couldnt walk away from a shopping cart.
ITSA6

Post by ITSA6 »

Kohburn wrote:
i've driven pristine condition getrag gt's that felt a lot slower than my ragged out SE auto.. the Boat Anchor's vary a lot in output from my exprience
what he said
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Aaron wrote: However, I guess it is hard for me to see sub 16s out of the Fiero judging on how hard my Z34 pulls away form the Fiero, especially above 60mph. It literally starts racking up car length after car length. I doubt my Fiero could run better than a 16.2 at sea level.

So you race against yourself, so you can see your car rack up car length after car length? You are spewing bullshit and magazine statistics, not relating factual experiences. This is what the fuck my problem is in this instance. So please, shut the fuck up.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Kohburn wrote: i've driven pristine condition getrag gt's that felt a lot slower than my ragged out SE auto.. the Boat Anchor's vary a lot in output from my exprience
That could very well be it, although Doug said it felt like every other 2.8l he drove, and the one I raced at our little CO meet I was side by side with.

ITSA6, you are correct here, my Fiero would not have a problem beating my Z34 to 30-35mph, but from there on out, the Z34 pulls HARD.

Stimpy, please dude, drop it. You are doing no good here. fyi when I first picked up my Fiero, I went with a friend who drove my red Z34. He drives every one of my cars on a normal basis, and can race them almost as good as I can(Specifically getting the 3400lb DOHC off the line). Anyways, on the 2 hour drive home, I probably had that Fiero floored 60% of the time racing him. We did runs from 30, 40, 60, and from 80. We also went off the line 3 times. Each time, we both went into 2nd, and it instantly started pulling hard.

And after driving the Z34 minutes after the Fiero, the higher power levels are obvious, at any rpm.
Lex

Post by Lex »

Not quite sure what my boat anchor ran, but after 30mph it would be toasted by my brothers '84 944 n/a. :sad2:

A 3800 or N* swapped car would be cool, maybe one day...