DSM injectors?

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Honest Don

DSM injectors?

Post by Honest Don »

Does anyone know if DSM injectors will physically fit on the 2.8's setup? I'm running a MS-II so the impedance and whatnot won't be an issue.

Thanks!
Honest Don

Post by Honest Don »

well, I guess I'll have to try and borrow one to measure and see for myself. I'm only asking because I can get these things on the cheap :thumbleft:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I don't think they are low impedence so they can probably be used. I however am not sure if its possible as I don't think the tips are the same size as like a delphi injector. They might not fit snug in the injector bung.

ARe the injector clips even the same?
Honest Don

Post by Honest Don »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:I don't think they are low impedence so they can probably be used. I however am not sure if its possible as I don't think the tips are the same size as like a delphi injector. They might not fit snug in the injector bung.

ARe the injector clips even the same?

the clips appear to be the same but they use a different style o-ring on the bottom of the injector. changing rings might be possible though.

DSM injectors are low-impedance, but the Megasquirt-II will run them with merely a parameter setting.
EMX5636

Post by EMX5636 »

The bottom part of the injector should work with a fiero o-ring. But I don't think the top will work. I am using Fiero top injector o-rings in my GSX with a holley fuel rail. But they will not work with the factory 450cc injectors, the groove for the o-ring isn't wide enough to run the larger diameter Fiero one. They could probably be made to work, with a little filing or whatever of the top plastic groove. I am running FIC 1150cc injectors with my eclipse, and they use two smaller diameter upper o-rings, so one larger fiero style will work. Stock only uses one, so they don't fit. Good luck though, I may have to try it, cause I'll need more than my 30lb injectors for my turbo 3400. I just need to get a 3000gt vr4 resistor pack, unless my Haltech can work with either, which i think it can.

Justin W
1988 Fiero Formula-3400 60trim Haltech SOLD
1990 Eclipse GSX-parted out
1991 Galant VR4- #108 Alum Rod 2.0L AMS-750R
2003 Kawi KLX400R Legal Motard
2004 Honda TRX450R #33W mx
2001 GMC Sierra C3 AWD
Honest Don

Post by Honest Don »

EMX5636 wrote:The bottom part of the injector should work with a fiero o-ring. But I don't think the top will work. I am using Fiero top injector o-rings in my GSX with a holley fuel rail. But they will not work with the factory 450cc injectors, the groove for the o-ring isn't wide enough to run the larger diameter Fiero one. They could probably be made to work, with a little filing or whatever of the top plastic groove. I am running FIC 1150cc injectors with my eclipse, and they use two smaller diameter upper o-rings, so one larger fiero style will work. Stock only uses one, so they don't fit. Good luck though, I may have to try it, cause I'll need more than my 30lb injectors for my turbo 3400. I just need to get a 3000gt vr4 resistor pack, unless my Haltech can work with either, which i think it can.

Justin W

thanks, good to know!