Turbo STS part 2

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

whipped

Turbo STS part 2

Post by whipped »

I decided to go with a Holley 950 stand alone engine management system and a stand alone transmission controller from PCS(same company I got the piggyback system from). I now have forged pistons, forged rods, Darton sleeved block and stand alones for engine and tranny. I had to completely retune the fuel map as no one has ever run a stand alone in a stock STS before so I had to start from scratch. To make a long story shorter, the cams screwed me up as I tried for the entire summer season to tune the car to run with the cams and it just wasn't going to happen. I gave up out of frustration and let the car sit for about 2.5 months. I finally decided to put the stock cams back in and we did it without pulling the motor and completely retimed it in the car. Not an easy task. That's why I was so pissed because I new it was going to be a *smurf* to replace cams with the motor in the car.

Anyway.... the cams were put in about 4weeks ago and I completely retuned the car and NOW after being down almost a year, it runs great. The tranny controller is freakin awesome. I can control every aspect of the tranny. Shift points, line pressure, torque converter lock-up,on and on and on. I took it to the track Saturday and with slicks on the front with only 13 lbs in them, I still couldn't hook because the boost came on so strong and it was only about 45 degrees out. I ran a 12.5 sec @ 114mph spinning through most of 1st gear. I have a video to prove it. I destroyed a newer Mercedes AMG. He just couldn't catch me.

All other functions of the car work fine, all guages and instrument cluster. The stock computer is controlling everything else except engine and tranny. Again never been done before, so the experiment has been a huge success. I also have an electronic boost controller with a hi and low setting. I have it at 7psi for street and about 11psi the day I went to the track.
I'll post the vid as soon as he does. Must be close to 500whp.