Hmm Diesel Econo Fiero... Maybe good idea?

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

txf

Hmm Diesel Econo Fiero... Maybe good idea?

Post by txf »

I've been thinking about converting one (A SECOND ONE) to Diesel. To run from BIODIESEL For those that don't know what I'm talking about. BioDiesel is an alternative fuel for Petroleum based Diesel. For close to $0.70 gal.

The system shown in the video is not that great due to the Plastic tanks. and HIGH PRICE. Cheaper systems can be built and be much safer.

http://www.myarchive.us/av/Trucks_biodiesel_050611.wmv

Right click and SAVE AS
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

maybe you should start with a lighter car if you're looking to save fuel costs? :scratch:

I don't know, maybe an MR-2 or Civic? :la:

wow, am I an ass tonight or what?

In all seriousness, I guess it depends on how bored you are or how badly you want to use biofuel.
Doug Chase

Post by Doug Chase »

I think it would cost more in time and dollars than you would ever save in fuel costs. So if that's your reason then I wouldn't take this road.

If you want to do it because it would be extremely cool and nobody else has done it, then I think it's a great idea for a project.
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom: cages, exhausts, fabrication
Duvall, WA
txf

Post by txf »

Well just thinking out loud. My only concern is the original cars condition. I can get the engine cheap! I could probibly get the engine, trans, and fuel system all cheap.

Just thinking out loud though I need to finish my first car first though.