88GT Wheel help please

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

88GT Wheel help please

Post by Aaron »

Hey guys, I am searching around for a set of wheels that I like. They have to be 5-spokes, and I'd prefer them to be dark in color. Anyways, here is what I am looking at:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findWh ... vid=007020

They are 17 x 7.5". What are stock in width? I know the fronts are smaller, I'd be going 17 x 7.5 in the back, and 16 x 7 in the front. Would this work right, and not have any negative consequences on the factory suspension setup?

Thanks!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Doug Chase

Post by Doug Chase »

Stock is 15x6 front, 15x7 rear. The tires on the car are the stock sizes.

I can't tell you what aftermarket sizes will fit.
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom: cages, exhausts, fabrication
Duvall, WA
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

They will fit, but I'd like to see 17x7 front, 17x8 back. Hmm, I need some time to think about it and find the right wheels. I like those, but they just aren't wide enough.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Aaron wrote:They will fit, but I'd like to see 17x7 front, 17x8 back. Hmm, I need some time to think about it and find the right wheels. I like those, but they just aren't wide enough.
5zigen makes a model that is a 5 spoke design that is offered in a 17x7 with 48 mm offset and a 17x8 with a 35 mm offset. If I am not mistaken these would fit an 88 perfectly. the only drawback is the pilot hole is for a subaru and would need to be bored out to fit the fiero hub. They are also rather pricey at about 800 for a set. They are offered in silver, bronze and anthracite. Oh yea, they seem to be a fairly light wheel compared to the cheaper 17 inch wheels.