wiring for a tpi 350 options

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

F8I6EgRtO

wiring for a tpi 350 options

Post by F8I6EgRtO »

ok im making my 86gt with 350 (no flame wars) into an injected 350 from a camaro. any options on the wire harness?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

You won't find anything that's plug/play with a Fiero chassis. Your best bet is probably a universal harness from a company like Painless, which you would then modify to interface with the Fiero.
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

I like the method of just getting 90% of the camaro harness, and giving the right bits power and ground, and retaining the ECU to motor connections like they come stock. There will be some of the body connectors from the camaro that you wont use, but its not a huge deal to cut them out.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Cut wires have no place in a functional harness.

There are also chassis connections like tach, back up lights, VSS etc that go through the C500 connector.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

You have a harness yet? I have a complete TPI harness here for a friend thats for sale. It is the speed density style harness.

He had it here so I could modify the harness to work in a Fiero, but I easily convinced him not to go L98..... :rofl:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Just take an L98 sell the TPI and swap on a Holley Stealth Ram... You'll only be out a couple of hundred $ and you'll have 50 more HP. The L98 longblock isn't that bad.
F8I6EgRtO

Post by F8I6EgRtO »

jelly2m8 wrote:You have a harness yet? I have a complete TPI harness here for a friend thats for sale. It is the speed density style harness.

He had it here so I could modify the harness to work in a Fiero, but I easily convinced him not to go L98..... :rofl:
have you modified the harness to work with a fiero? or will there still be work needed to be done..
F8I6EgRtO

Post by F8I6EgRtO »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Just take an L98 sell the TPI and swap on a Holley Stealth Ram... You'll only be out a couple of hundred $ and you'll have 50 more HP. The L98 longblock isn't that bad.
never found a steath ram for sale
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

F8I6EgRtO wrote:
have you modified the harness to work with a fiero? or will there still be work needed to be done..
Nope, nothing changed on the harness, it is uncut and complete.
F8I6EgRtO

Post by F8I6EgRtO »

jelly2m8 wrote:
F8I6EgRtO wrote:
Nope, nothing changed on the harness, it is uncut and complete.
what would you want for the harness. and what would you charge to have it modified?
F8I6EgRtO

Post by F8I6EgRtO »

ok ive gotten a harness from the origional engine. still looking for advice on computer and on harness aptions here.