1994 Northstar for sale

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

XzotikGT

1994 Northstar for sale

Post by XzotikGT »

I have a 1994 Northstar that was running when it was pulled from the car. It has 80,000 miles on it. I am asking 550.00

I have a load of other Northsatr parts too. Rebuilt heads ETC. let me know what ya need and I will check if I have it.
XzotikGT
1987 GT+1996 3.4 dohc+To4b+water injection
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

lowered price
XzotikGT
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Not that I need Northstar parts more than a hole in my head, but where are you?
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

i am in Washington state. Kent area.
XzotikGT
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

I now also have a 1995 Northstar with 60,xxx miles for 650.00

1994 cylinde heads for 75.00 plus shipping

and a mess of other parts that I still need to sort out.
XzotikGT
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

Add:

Magnesium? (metal) Northstar engine cover
2x Magnesium Northstar intake Manifolds(including throttle body)
1 light gray valve cover....dunno which side it is off of or what year, they may interchange with all early ones

Pictures upon request, I dunno how to post them here, and prices are reasonable offer.
XzotikGT
whipped

Post by whipped »

Very tempted, but I have nowhere to put it.
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

I am in the same boat as you. As it sits I have three Northstars, and a 3.6VVT sitting in the garages. A 94, 95, an an 01. The early ones gotta go, and the late one is getting swapped into my 87 coupe I just bought.
XzotikGT
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

I might be interested in a complete engine for a project, I shot you a PM. If I'm headed that way to pick it up, I might also take the metal intake and engine cover. Hit me back, thanks!

Bryce
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

chekn pms
XzotikGT
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

XzotikGT wrote:I am in the same boat as you. As it sits I have three Northstars, and a 3.6VVT sitting in the garages. A 94, 95, an an 01. The early ones gotta go, and the late one is getting swapped into my 87 coupe I just bought.
Please do yourself a favor and swap in one of the earlier engines. There is absolutly no advantage to the 2000+ Northstars and they need a expensive standalone ecu just to run them. (speaking from experience)

If I had to do it again I would have used a 99 or older engine.
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

I read your thread a few times, and dont know why CHRFAB pointed you in that direction. I do remember a guy in your thread mentioning a MEFI 4B. I will be using this on my swap because outside of the Fiero world people have been running this ECM on the early and late Northstars for a while now. There are tons of tuning files I can get a hold to, even a high RPM boosted file.

On top of that, it cost me 1/4 less, and is a GM aftermarket ECM. This is the ecm that GM sells with some of their crate motors. It is fully tuneable, if the people you buy it from arent total Butt holes and lock it And it is so small it can fit under the intake in the valley.

Plus, I cant let you be the only one with a late model Northstar in a Fiero, and I think I am reconsidering selling the 3.6 VVT.
XzotikGT
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

The MEFI 4B is cool. I installed one on a 2000+ N* in a kit car. Very easy to install, and they have a N* program for it already so its plug'n'play.

Chris West has one to use on his Aurora V8 Turbo project.
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

I think you were the one I was talking about. Thanks to you I found this option. So THANX!
XzotikGT
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Big Stuff 3 is a bitch to work with, wish there were more options when I bought my ECU. Back then Sandstallion had an ecu but they went under, and BS3 was the only company offering a decent standalone for the 2000+ N*s ignition system.

Besides being cheaper, the earlier N*s have heads better suited for porting. The intake ports are not as big, but the exhaust flows much more than the 2000+. The earlier motors are much more balanced in that respect.

I don't know man, I would go with an earlier N*. There is nothing "cool" about having the first 2000+ N* fiero after all the crap I went through to have it.

That 3.6 VVT with some mods or even a turbo would be such a wicked engine. I bet it can make Northstar power with minor mods and tuning.
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

When I first saw you started your build I called CHRFAB to see what they had because I had a 2000 northstar at the time. They told me about the MEFI but they said it wasnt tuneable, so they stopped carrying it.

I dunno man, its something about that 2000+ motor making the smae power on lower octane gas that gets me. Plus when installed it looks cleaner to me. No plug wires, and no DIS, and once I figure out the water log removal it will be way better cleaner looking still.

I just cant figure out what to look for in a remote water pump.
XzotikGT
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

XzotikGT wrote: I dunno man, its something about that 2000+ motor making the smae power on lower octane gas that gets me.
I run 91 octane in my car regardless because I am using a standalone ecu. GM can make it run on piss water 87 octane but with a custom tune on a standalone ECU I prefer to be safe rather than sorry. BS3 doesn't use a knock sensor.

The difference between 87 and 91 octane is only a few bucks a tank anyways. If I was concerned about fuel economy, the N* would be one of the last engines I'd consider.
XzotikGT

Post by XzotikGT »

No, NO, No, thats not what I meant. I mean it took premium on the eralier motors to make 300hp, but the late ones make that on regular. With this I think they have more potential.
XzotikGT
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

XzotikGT wrote:When I first saw you started your build I called CHRFAB to see what they had because I had a 2000 northstar at the time. They told me about the MEFI but they said it wasnt tuneable, so they stopped carrying it.
That's what I was told about the MEFI when I was looking at engine management for my swap. I don't remember who else I talked to, but it wasn't just CHRF that told me...
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

XzotikGT wrote:No, NO, No, thats not what I meant. I mean it took premium on the eralier motors to make 300hp, but the late ones make that on regular. With this I think they have more potential.
The 2000+ has no more potential than the earlier engines. To get any kind of potential out of them you are looking at head porting, cams, springs, pistons etc. If you want the most potential without opening up the motor than sure, you might squeeze a few more horsepower out of the later motors with timing advance, maybe.

If I keep my fiero I will end up building my engine. I'm sure you will see what the earlier engines are capable of when Will is done with his.

You can use any motor you want, I'm just telling you what I would do differently.