CO2 A/C !

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Would you try it?

right away
63%
not until well-proven
25%
not until absolutely necessary
13%

Total votes: 8

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

The Navy T-2, for example, uses a compressor to pressurize air, an intercooler to bring it back to ambient temp, and then a turbine to expand (cool) it and drive the compressor. This air is then plumbed directly into the cockpit.

The source air for the A/C compressor is compressor bleed air from the engine.
whipped

Post by whipped »

How cool could that possibly get? AC vent temps are 40F on a good system.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

whipped wrote:How cool could that possibly get? AC vent temps are 40F on a good system.
The temperature of your A/C is not standard, it is dependent highly upon the outside ambient temp. A properly functioning system should be around 20* cooler than ambient.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

The Fiero manual gives a very specific range for center vent discharge temps for a system that's functioning properly. I think that range was ~38-40.

The T-2 A/C got plenty cold, but as with ANY aircraft air conditioning system, it didn't work worth a shit at low altitudes and low engine power.

It really didn't help much when I was pulling off my oxygen mask and looking for my airsick bag, though...
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:The Fiero manual gives a very specific range for center vent discharge temps for a system that's functioning properly. I think that range was ~38-40.
thats because the fieros used R-12 which under the right conditions used to blow frost on a humid day.