Health Insurance is a dripping load of Aids-monkey spunk.

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Mach10 wrote:So why is your average life expectancy lagging behind other developed nations?
Probably all the gun crime... :scratch: :thumbleft:
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

:afrocool:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

I pay about $240 a month for my health care, and my co-pays are CHEAP.

I'm all for taking care of myself, and not having to pay a flat tax to take care of EVERYONE around me. That's what liberty is all about.

If this country wouldn't export all of our jobs, and keep MADE IN THE USA a staple, everyone in this country would be able to afford health care, and those that would not have health care, would be out of their own stupid fault.

Currently, our situation is fucked however, because there are no jobs, which = no money, which = no health care, which = poor health of our nation, which = REALLY REALLY bad future ahead.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

DiggityBiggity wrote:I pay about $240 a month for my health care, and my co-pays are CHEAP.

I'm all for taking care of myself, and not having to pay a flat tax to take care of EVERYONE around me. That's what liberty is all about.

If this country wouldn't export all of our jobs, and keep MADE IN THE USA a staple, everyone in this country would be able to afford health care, and those that would not have health care, would be out of their own stupid fault.

Currently, our situation is fucked however, because there are no jobs, which = no money, which = no health care, which = poor health of our nation, which = REALLY REALLY bad future ahead.
Trust me, it only gets worse. You;re like a healthy 20 something, I need at least 3 surgeries, WTF do I do? I get around, just have to accomodate for them and I can't workout anymore. As much as it's againts your grain, we need socialized meds.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I will have to go back through my taxes to see how much I paid but I am in the 25-40k bracket or whatever it is you posted. I think I paid probably around 1300 or so in taxes federal for the whole year. But like I said I would need to go back. That doesnt' include SS or medicare. I can get exact numbers if you wish I suppose.

My copays are retardedly cheap. I think its like $30 for an ER visit and $10 for eyecare which includes the glasses and frames. its all cheap really.

I need to correct my previous statement. My costs have gone up since I started my job. I pay about $30 a month for my health/vision/dental insurance.

It all depends on what type of company you work for and what their plans are. Honestly if I didn't work for this company I probably wouldnt' have insurance. I never get sick, and if I were to be in an accident and not be able to pay my bills, I have a taxpayer like Ebs' to pay my bills for me. :thumbleft:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

EBSB52 wrote: to accomodate for them and I can't workout anymore. As much as it's againts your grain, we need socialized meds.
STFU no we don't. YOU need it because you are a cripple. There is no reason why I should pay for YOUR shit.

Get better insurance. Plain and simple.
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

Shaun,

I hate to shit in your cornflakes, but for the year of 2007, making 38,000 in total income, I paid $2400 in taxes. This averages $200 per month

That includes:

-Federal Income
-Provincial Income
-EI premiums
-CPP (pension) premiums

This covers me for comprehensive medical coverage anywhere in Canada.

By your numbers, you're paying ~100 per month in taxes, plus insurance.

Just you try and find a private carrier that charges that low for "taking care of yourself"

Private healthcare is a bad joke--and the American taxpayer is the butt.
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:
EBSB52 wrote: to accomodate for them and I can't workout anymore. As much as it's againts your grain, we need socialized meds.
STFU no we don't. YOU need it because you are a cripple. There is no reason why I should pay for YOUR shit.

Get better insurance. Plain and simple.
You mean get insurance.

I'm not a cripple, I can play sports and buck rivets at work, it just hurts at times. I can't do push ups with palms down, my left wrist is fucked. I can do them closed fisted. I can move the bones around in my left wrist and I have to adjust them sometimes constantly, it comes and goes. I'm 46, how about you? Like 30ish? I heard old fuckers talking the same shit I am now and thought, 'I work out, I don't smoke, drink, drug, I will certainly be in great healthuntil my 60's+.' Whatever. I have abused my bod thru radical acts such as roadracing motorcycles and contact sports. Right now I have to adjust my chair low so my wrist is straight otherwise it's a bitch. Don't get me wrong, if I have to throw down in a fight I would be fine, but it's the repetitive motions that start to hurt.

I kinda fucked up my left knee being a tandem instructor last year. It's not bad in a straight line, but twisting is a bitch. Both my shoulders are fucked up, I can't even put up a plate w/o being in pain. I could prolly putup almost 2 plates 1 time if I was in a pinch, but to do reps and sets would not happen. I think I was doing lat pull downs with bad form for years which led to that. Basically I'm an ectomorph that put on some weight so my skeletal system rebelled.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>There is no reason why I should pay for YOUR shit.

1) The US has been a debtor nation since at least 1840, so get over this, "I'm not payin for your shit" lunacy.

2) Know how to make a screaming, whining liberal? Take a conservative and put him/her in a position of need. My dad is a great example of an asshole like that, he's now a Howard Dean liberal afterbeing conservative all his life.

3) You guys are all kids, I've been in your shoes, you've never been in mine, so all you can do speak figuratively or with speculation......you'll see, I was talking that same shit at 25-30ish.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Mach10 wrote:Shaun,

I hate to shit in your cornflakes, but for the year of 2007, making 38,000 in total income, I paid $2400 in taxes. This averages $200 per month

That includes:

-Federal Income
-Provincial Income
-EI premiums
-CPP (pension) premiums

This covers me for comprehensive medical coverage anywhere in Canada.

By your numbers, you're paying ~100 per month in taxes, plus insurance.

Just you try and find a private carrier that charges that low for "taking care of yourself"

Private healthcare is a bad joke--and the American taxpayer is the butt.

And only ignorant morons advocate it. :salute:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I see because you are older you deseverve free health care?

Eb u = idiot.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

I'll be 29 next week and have in no particular order:

-sacrificed a knee to the game of football
-had a congenital inguinal hernia repaired
-had another congenital inguinal hernia repaired
-had all four wisdom teeth removed
-broke my arm in elementary school

I've made a 100% recovery from all of these except the knee, which is about 95%, pops frequently and aches when I have to keep it bent for long periods.

The only times I ever get sick are my semi-annual sinus colds which are nuisances at worst.

Like the Chinese say: "One disease, long life; no diseases, short life". If you think there's nothing wrong with you and that you'll live forever, then you'll be less likely to take care of yourself.

There's no doubt that everyone needs medical care over time, just like machinery that needs maintenance over time.

I don't claim to have "the answer". I don't think that state sponsorship of the totality of health care is the answer, but the way we have it now certainly is NOT the answer either.

Medical care in and of itself is not so expensive, but the added costs associated with malpractice insurance and the various product assurance activities undertaken by health care product manufacturers to protect themselves in a litigious environment are extreme. The medical industry is much like the aerospace industry in that sense... Almost any expense can be justified in the name of confidence in the finished product when even a tiny failure can result in huge losses.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:I see because you are older you deseverve free health care?

Eb u = idiot.

No, my moron maggotted right wing nazi friend, we ALL deserve it, regardless of age. Point is, the oe that you don't havethe capacity to understand, is that you realize this as you get older.

Do you kids think there was a reason that the rules for being a president were set at 35? And 35 in those days is like 50 for these days, based upon life expectancy. Perhaps revision of that const law is far overdue.

Again, I've been you, you haven't been me. When I was your age, I wasn't me then, if you understand.

WHat Mach undertsands as well me is that medical coverage shouldn't be exclusive. The rest of the world, even Communist nations provide medical coverage. Here we forego that so we can match the world in defense spending and so that the exclusive cna have better care. Why? On this false premise that we will once be rich and want those tax laws that favor the rich and fuck the poor.

I can't wait to be accross the pond watchng the American idiots fuck each other :salute:
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:I'll be 29 next week and have in no particular order:

-sacrificed a knee to the game of football
-had a congenital inguinal hernia repaired
-had another congenital inguinal hernia repaired
-had all four wisdom teeth removed
-broke my arm in elementary school

I've made a 100% recovery from all of these except the knee, which is about 95%, pops frequently and aches when I have to keep it bent for long periods.

The only times I ever get sick are my semi-annual sinus colds which are nuisances at worst.

Like the Chinese say: "One disease, long life; no diseases, short life". If you think there's nothing wrong with you and that you'll live forever, then you'll be less likely to take care of yourself.

There's no doubt that everyone needs medical care over time, just like machinery that needs maintenance over time.

I don't claim to have "the answer". I don't think that state sponsorship of the totality of health care is the answer, but the way we have it now certainly is NOT the answer either.

Medical care in and of itself is not so expensive, but the added costs associated with malpractice insurance and the various product assurance activities undertaken by health care product manufacturers to protect themselves in a litigious environment are extreme. The medical industry is much like the aerospace industry in that sense... Almost any expense can be justified in the name of confidence in the finished product when even a tiny failure can result in huge losses.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I don't claim to have "the answer". I don't think that state sponsorship of the totality of health care is the answer, but the way we have it now certainly is NOT the answer either.

Great statement, but then where does it come from? It's fucked the way it is, but the oether way doesn't work either. Of course, is that true? Does Socialized med not work? Cite data pls. And at the end of the day, isn't the health of a society the important thing here?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I'll be 29 next week...

I stand corrected, you guys are all old as shit :thumbleft: I had your opinion when I was your age too. I wasn't as fucked as my stupid ass dad, but age brings the ole paradigm shift.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Medical care in and of itself is not so expensive, but the added costs associated with malpractice insurance and the various product assurance activities undertaken by health care product manufacturers to protect themselves in a litigious environment are extreme.

But if civil lawsuits aren't an option, doctors will do bad shit. It's an ugly path either way.

America is the only industrialized nation I know of that has such an issue with caring for its people.....what a joke.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Mach10 wrote: So why is your average life expectancy lagging behind other developed nations?
because the average american is the definition of a consumer - consuming as much of everything they get their hands on, ie killing themselves slowly with poor health practices. the latest government statistics place 80% of black females in amerca at overweight to obese. 80 fucking percent. the other ethnic groups aren't far behind.

as for health care. for basic HMO coverage for myself and wife in the US through my work would be about 80$ a month, for the PPO plan where i onl pay 10$ per doctor or hospital visit and the insurance covers basicly everything, and i can go to any doctor i want but they cover more for their list of approved doctors, i pay 130$ a month for the wife and I. and a house in this area can not be purchased for less than 260K - that is a basic townhouse, you can get an apartment for as little as 1200$ a month.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
Mach10 wrote:So why is your average life expectancy lagging behind other developed nations?
Probably all the gun crime... :scratch: :thumbleft:
lol
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Mach10 wrote:Private healthcare is a bad joke--and the American taxpayer is the butt.
the problem with private healthcare as-is, is that the business try to charge 8 times what is reasonable. anybody that doesn't have an insurance company gets SCREWED. the insurance company gets the bill for 900$ and tells them they are only allowed to charge 120$ for that proceedure and that they will pay 110$ of it after your 10$ copay.

so what happens to the people that think they can't afford health insurance? they end up with a 900$ bill.

if the business had any reall ammount of moral ethics they would only charge what is reasonable from everyone and then having insurance coverage wouldn't be as big a deal.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

I wonder if something as simple as requiring medical service providers which are now corporations to be non-profit organizations would help...
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Hey Eb, I was going to go in for my yearly checkup. How about sending me a check to cover my exam costs?
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:I wonder if something as simple as requiring medical service providers which are now corporations to be non-profit organizations would help...
would probably also help protect them from the huge fines associated with frivolous law suits
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:I wonder if something as simple as requiring medical service providers which are now corporations to be non-profit organizations would help...
America = Fascist

Fascist = Corporatist

Corporatism = Corporations legislating

....yea right, corporations are going to legislate themselves out of profit.