THEY GOT BIGFOOT!

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

lucky

Post by lucky »

I saw the photos on ebaum's world. 2 pics of some rednecks drinking. 1 grainy pic of a guy in a bad costume stuffed in a giant cooler. If it really was a sasquatch or "Gigantropithicus"(sp?) it would either have been a global media frenzy or the government would have covered it up so fast it never would have made the news. If these schmucks really were professional bigfoot hunters with their own website, you'd figure they'd tranq the beast and pimp him out on national tv or something, recoup some of the $$ they'd spent hunting him down.

The fur looks wicked fake. Second, I have that cooler, and it's big (we use it for beer at BBQ's when we expect most of the 60 or so people in my wife's immediate family), but I can barely fit in it. I'm 6'2" 195lbs, that'd have to be a teenage bigfoot at best.
Also, there's teams of scientists scouring the pacific northwest, setting out cameras and all kinds of equipment, would figure they'd have better luck.

EDIT: thought it was a big ass cooler, I was wrong, is a freezer.
Last edited by lucky on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Two posts and no links? You guys are fucking slacking...
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

press conference about it sometime today - supposedly with DNA results.
whipped

Post by whipped »

Harry! Nooooooooo!!!

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Bruno :-(
whipped

Post by whipped »

DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

They said that to make sales... and this story is fucking absurd without DNA evidence...
lucky

Post by lucky »

My favorite quote was from someone on, I think, theinquisitor. It was something along the lines of "DNA isn't gonna mean any kind of definitive answer; it's not like we already have a jar on a shelf labeled 'bigfoot' to compare it to."

Questions that seem blatantly obvious to me:

1. Regarding the fact that they claim there were 'many bigfoots' paralleling them while they loaded the corpse in the truck: Why the fuck are a bunch of "Bigfoot Hunters" out in the woods without a camera?

2. If there are, in fact, many examples of this mythical species in the woods of northern georgia, why are these schmucks holding a press conference in California instead of heading back out into the woods with a camera to get some more evidence to back up their claims?
Personally, I woulda tagged some trees in the area, left, then returned as soon as possible with a high res digital camera, a professional tracker, and enough tranquilizer darts to take down robert downey jr.
lucky

Post by lucky »

lowlux wrote:they posted a video of the 3 big foots watching them....
Link?
whipped

Post by whipped »

lucky80 wrote:My favorite quote was from someone on, I think, theinquisitor. It was something along the lines of "DNA isn't gonna mean any kind of definitive answer; it's not like we already have a jar on a shelf labeled 'bigfoot' to compare it to."
I disagree. If we compare it to human DNA and see it's similar but different - say only 95% compares - then we can say it's a true hominoid. I mean chimps compare what, 97% to human DNA. If it's like 99.9% then it's a human in a monkey suit. If it's less than 99% but more than 90% then we know it's an ape of some kind.
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

whipped wrote:hominoid. I mean chimps compare what, 97% to human DNA.
99.4% actually. 97% is Gorillas.

Easier to just count the chromasomes; if it's 24, it's related to great apes, if it's 23, it's hominid.

They also usually look for common ERV (Endometrial Retro virus) markers rather than overall makeup because then they can give an evolutionary divergence timeline.

Interesting aside is that there is a growing movement to reclasify chimpanzees as genus Homo.

Turns out that the simian 2A and 2B chromasome fused together in human DNA; 2a and 2b together mirror human chromasome #2 exactly.
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
lucky

Post by lucky »

I cannot substantiate it at this time, but the report my brother says he heard on the radio said it was 2 samples of DNA, one 100% human, the other 98% possum. :scratch:
whipped

Post by whipped »

well then we know it's a redneck in a gorilla suit.

Who else would eat a possum?
lucky

Post by lucky »

or leave a DNA sample in/on a possum.