Aw, shit... Promotion?

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Aw, shit... Promotion?

Post by Mach10 »

Good: Company offers me a position allowing me to bypass 4 years of trenchwork to work on heavy-duty and interesting equipment. Free uptraining, more work travel, better pay, Better benefits, a company car.

Bad: I have to up and move to fucking REGINA, SK.

Worse: I have to do it in about 2.5 weeks

WTF do I do now? Keep doing the chumpwork here in Winnipeg until a couple people retire? Uproot my wife and I to move to a city where I don't know anyone, or anything?

On the other hand, Regina can't possibly be worse than Winnipeg for bloody-minded small-town mentality. Or rather, it might be just as bad, but at 200,000 people, at least it'll be bloody-minded small-town mentality without the arrogant pretentiousness of 700,000 Winnipeggers convinced that the world begins and ends with the Perimeter (ring-road) Highway.

I'm supposed to fly out to check out the site in the next week or so.

Ugh, decisions decisions... At least the Wife seems to be moderately cool about it.
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

at least go check it out.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

I've always wanted to go to Regina for some odd reason. It always seemed like a nice place.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

God wrote:I've always wanted to go to vagina for some odd reason. It always seemed like a nice place.
FIFY. :salute:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I've never been to Saskatchewan or Manitoba but man, you should just keep going west to Edmonton or Calgary. Tons of jobs and real cities.

I really like Calgary, awesome city to drive in. Well planned out.
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

Edmonton = so-so
Calgary... No farking way.

I don't have an actual CHOICE in cities. If I did, I'd be heading to Victoria, Halifax, or Dublin.

:salute:
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

Well, I ship out on Thursday for a week to check it out.

If Regina is suitable for human habitation, looks like I get to pack all my shit up and drag it westward.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

Hope it goes well. You should putter over to Alberta one day.
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

The wife's an Ikea nut; I can pretty much guarantee a few roadies into Calgary or Edmonton are a sure thing...

:salute: