ride height

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

David Allen

ride height

Post by David Allen »

Hello all. I am using the front suspension out of an '86GT. I need to establish the stock ride height clearance between the front crossmember and the ground. The car I got this front suspension from had the wheels off the ground when I pulled the front end so I wasn't able to take a measurement. Thanks for your help.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

should be around 5 inches
David Allen

Ride height revisited

Post by David Allen »

Hi all. I found a Fiero on a car lot today and took a measurement of the ground to crossmember height. It was 8", which makes more sense when you consider the axel height of the stock front end, taken at the wheel, is about 12".
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Good. Not a lot of us have cars at stock ride height.

What are you working on?
David Allen

Ride height

Post by David Allen »

Hi DSW. I am using the front suspension out of an '86 Fiero GT in a 2F1R reverse trike build. I needed the stock clearance to establish the ride height of the front crossmember, so I can build the chassis to the front end. I am going to modify the stock frontend with coil over shocks instead of the coil springs because the trike will weigh less than 1000 pounds. It has a Yamaha Vtwin (1100cc) for power and the lower frame rails sit about 5 inches off the ground. Thanks for the information.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Oh Gawd
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

hahha hell yea

The RFT trike!!! Thats awesome. Can't wait to see some pics.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: Ride height

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

David Allen wrote:Hi DSW. I am using the front suspension out of an '86 Fiero GT in a 2F1R reverse trike build. I needed the stock clearance to establish the ride height of the front crossmember, so I can build the chassis to the front end. I am going to modify the stock frontend with coil over shocks instead of the coil springs because the trike will weigh less than 1000 pounds. It has a Yamaha Vtwin (1100cc) for power and the lower frame rails sit about 5 inches off the ground. Thanks for the information.
Haha... Sounds sweet.

The lower control arms are level at stock ride height.

I don't think it's even close to worth the money, but have you looked at something like this?

http://www.westshorefabricators.com/Fie ... Slalom.htm
David Allen

Ride height

Post by David Allen »

Hi DSW. Thanks for the lower control arm advice. I did see that link and looked at what they had to offer. I agree it's pretty spendy. The QA1 shocks are quite pricey by themselves, but then most of the coil over types are pretty high. The trike is just in it's beginning stages of layout, but I do have a few pics. Cheers. Dave Allen.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Re: Ride height

Post by Aaron »

David Allen wrote: but I do have a few pics.
And I have tits.

Pics or ban!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.