My fiero has me drinking.

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

ericjon262

Re: My fiero has me drinking.

Post by ericjon262 »

I haven't been able to get my hands on a timing light yet, hopefully tomorrow. to me, it doesn't seem like a timing issue though, the car runs great under load, but with little or no load, I need to feather the gas to keep it running. I'm gonna pull my plugs and check timing tomorrow.
lucky wrote: Sorry. Should have clarified. Code 12 indicates that the ECM is in diagnostic mode. If terminal A is not connected to ground you should not be getting code 12 (sounds like a possible ECM failure). TunerPro theoretically wouldn't report it because it isn't technically a code; merely an indication that you are in diagnostic mode.
all I was meaning when I said no code 12 was that with the key in the on position and the engine not running the SES light was not on, which is should be without the engine running.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

another question, should my 85 have a knock sensor? I couldn't find one.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Fiero's were never equipped with a knock. That's why the 7730 upgrade is popular, it has a single knock sensor.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

Emc209i wrote:Fiero's were never equipped with a knock. That's why the 7730 upgrade is popular, it has a single knock sensor.
Do you have a link to a good conversion thread?

TIA-

Eric
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

It's pretty straight forward:
http://www.gmtuners.com/files/Fiero2.8_to_7730.pdf

However, if you wanted more background on the swap:
http://www.fiero.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/000088.html
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

does anyone have a ballpark figure on plugwire resistance in ohms per foot?
Indy

Post by Indy »

About 0 ~ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 depending on temperature.

Or about 3,000 to 15,000 Ohms if you're looking for a helpful answer.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

well, heres another update, it seems to run better when it's cooler and more humid out (after rain) still has the dead miss, but not as bad.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

finally a SES light, code 34, map value high, which would make sense because it runs better under load and when the air pressure is higher outside! now, what all could cause an above normal map reading? air cleaner is fairly new, thats about the only thing I could think of.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

new updates, fuel pressure: 0 psi brand new pump, brand new relay. I don't hear it prime at all when I turn the key on.

and I'm not getting a CEL key on engine off again. I think my ECM may be shot.