Just testing the waters.

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

And to think you can have all those things going for you and still be such a social retard.

Fascinating.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

stimpy wrote:And to think you can have all those things going for you and still be such a social retard.

Fascinating.
As long as it looks good on paper, I can get through an interview, and work hard. And so far so good :afrocool:
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

You actually believe your own bullshit, don't you?
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

aaron wrote:
stimpy wrote:I guess you don't need to know much to get an acceptance letter from Harvard. :rofl:
I have to agree.

You have to have damn good grades, near perfect ACTs, and a nice resume.
- OR -

You just need money, lots of it.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

zonyl wrote:
aaron wrote:
stimpy wrote:I guess you don't need to know much to get an acceptance letter from Harvard. :rofl:
I have to agree.

You have to have damn good grades, near perfect ACTs, and a nice resume.
- OR -

You just need money, lots of it.
You normally need both for Harvard, the money and the ACTs. But a lot of times, if you have the first categories covered, money is pretty easy to come by via scholarships. Unfortunately they won't pay for your applications.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

So why did you pay for an application to go to Harvard, get accepted, obviously have no problem getting money for tuition, and then opt to go to a school with a reputation for being a safety school to safety schools?

And on a personal note, I know that if I had received an acceptance letter to an Ivy League school, my dad would have it tattooed to his chest. Yet you still haven't produced a scan of said acceptance letter. Why is that? It got tossed with the junk mail, right?

Riiiiiiight......
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

stimpy wrote:So why did you pay for an application to go to Harvard, get accepted, obviously have no problem getting money for tuition, and then opt to go to a school with a reputation for being a safety school to safety schools?

And on a personal note, I know that if I had received an acceptance letter to an Ivy League school, my dad would have it tattooed to his chest. Yet you still haven't produced a scan of said acceptance letter. Why is that? It got tossed with the junk mail, right?
I didn't pay for an application. There are a few stages, and they charge you anything until the 3rd or 4th stage of application. And I got preliminarily accepted, that doesn't mean I was accepted. I think I could have been though. I didn't say no problem getting tuition paid for. If I spent the last semester of high school filling out every scholarship I could find, and working my ass off for it, I think I could have gotten half paid for. It wouldn't be easy though. Becuz I didn't want to go to Harvard. For what I want to do, there is no reason to have an education like that, and I don't want one like that.

My Dad didn't even care. He'd prefer OSU because it'd be cheaper. I'm sorry I didn't scan the letter or preliminary acceptance (Of which means nothing btw), to show it off. The preaccept is really basic, it looks at your ACT/SAT/GPA, and calculates it off that. It isn't that hard to get. Hold a 3.5 GPA in high level courses, get a 30 or better on the ACT, and your set for those first stages. It is the later stages where they look at your resume stuff, ask you to write a buzillion papers, and ask for a few hundred bucks. Now why would I go through all that for a school I don't want to go to?
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

I dont get why everyone picks on Aaron so much. I mean we were ALL 19 once...

Dont you remember what is was like? I dont really...but you get my point!
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

aaron wrote:[I I got preliminarily accepted, that doesn't mean I was accepted. I think I could have been though.
OK, then why try to rub it in peoples faces that you "got accepted to Harvard" when all you really got was permission to fill out an application?
I just don't understand your desperate need to try to impress people. In my experience, people who talk themselves up are only compensating for their own mediocrity. Not that there's anything wrong with being mediocre. I'd have to say that I'm mediocre at just about everything I do. There's only one person that can be the best at any certain thing, and I can't say that I have the drive to beat out the billion Chinamen who are currently planning to take over the world.

Just be yourself aaron. You might discover that you like that person. At least give other people a chance to know him.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

donk_316 wrote:I dont get why everyone picks on aaron so much. I mean we were ALL 19 once...

Dont you remember what is was like? I dont really...but you get my point!
I remember it like it was 6 months ago... oh yeah, it was.
I guess the adage, "there is honor among thieves" doesn't apply here.