Engine Bolts - ALL GONE

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Oversteer

Engine Bolts - ALL GONE

Post by Oversteer »

Well I have had my 3.4 at my buddies shop for the past 2 months and have done all of the disassembly there. I took all the bolts off, soaked them in oil and marked the cans I put them in.

Well recently his shop was broken into, the workbench that the bolts were sitting on was covering a safe in the wall and was turned over in order to gain access. To make a long story short, my bolts are now on the ground mixed with a million and a half other bolts from various cars and I have no idea what the specs were.

Is there a place to buy bolt sets, or have the specs for the bolts used on this engine. It is a 3.4 push rod L32.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
He called the shit poop
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Last edited by SappySE107 on Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Phelps
60Degreev6.com
WOT-Tech.com
Oversteer

Post by Oversteer »

If only it was a SBC I could buy a million and a half bolt kits, but this little 60 degree gets no love from the bolt gods.

Yes fucking theives. If only they had taken the time to move all the things from the work bench before knocking it over, I would be so much happier.

I guess I will have to dissasemble a motor to get all of these specs, maybe I could make a kit at that point and offer it to other people at cost, but I am sure that this kinda thing doesn't happen to often.

I hate my life, at least its Friday.
He called the shit poop
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

Find your head bolts, they are 11mm and nobody makes them, except GM and you will $$$bleed for them$$$ other than that, Fastenal.com is a good source for any fastener (Besides 11, 9 mm). As for all the specs, well, your on your own.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Nows a good time to go ARP studs. Prob cheaper than GM
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

You could probibly pick up a core motor from a yard for $100. Its a pain in the ass to take it apart for the bolts but its cheaper than the alternative.
Oversteer

Post by Oversteer »

I found a source online for engine bolts for the 2.8. Not sure if they will work though, they offer bolts for the fuel pump, which makes me wonder if it will fit the MPFI models. Would bolts for the early 2.8's (carbed, TBI) fit the MPFI engines?

They are all Gen 1's but are they all the same?
He called the shit poop