Does anyone have tuned chips?

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

DreX

Does anyone have tuned chips?

Post by DreX »

Im looking for a tuned chip for my engine. Its running awfully rich and cant go wot. Im using 91-93 ecm.

Thanks

DreX
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Sinister Fiero does them.. check out www.gmtuners.com
He's on the forum here too.

I had him do the chip for my 3.4 TDC with the 91-93 ECM. Good guy to deal with. He's also been very helpful with the 3.4 swap in general.

I got the software and hardware to do it myself now, but I won't be doing it commercially.. its just going to be easier to tune this thing myself so I don't have to send chips back and forth to get it right.

When did you start having the rich problem with your motor? It may not be due to chip tuning, but rather a sensor problem or something else..
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

I second Sinister. He will be doing my chip also for the same app as you two
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
DreX

Post by DreX »

Is he DarthFiero? :scratch:
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

DreX wrote:Is he DarthFiero? :scratch:
Yes he be dat guy
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

what size injectors are you running?
Sinister Fiero

Post by Sinister Fiero »

Yes, that is me. Didn't I already do a chip for you? If so, and you are having issues with it, please let me know so I can get them resolved.
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED
Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions | www.gmtuners.com
DreX

Post by DreX »

Sinister Fiero wrote:
Yes, that is me. Didn't I already do a chip for you? If so, and you are having issues with it, please let me know so I can get them resolved.
Hi, the speedo now works fine. The thing is that is running super rich. I cant go pass 65% throttle w/o going rich. If I press the pedal all way down the a/f gauge goes to the last green led. A few times it went blank!! That is pass all the leds!!!

Can you fix that?

DreX
DreX

Post by DreX »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:what size injectors are you running?

Stock
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Drex, this sounds to me like some other problem besides tuning. When did it start?
DreX

Post by DreX »

Series8217 wrote:Drex, this sounds to me like some other problem besides tuning. When did it start?
Since day 1. I even run the fuel pressure lower to help the situation.

DreX
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I'd measure it on a wideband to see how rich it is. I'm sure there's a dyno in your area that can throw one in your tailpipe for a run so you have solid data that a tuner can then use.

DreX wrote:
Hi, the speedo now works fine. The thing is that is running super rich. I cant go pass 65% throttle w/o going rich. If I press the pedal all way down the a/f gauge goes to the last green led. A few times it went blank!! That is pass all the leds!!!

Can you fix that?

DreX
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

hey sinister, had some questions for you about the need to program a chip for .030 over , dont mean to threadjack but I'm going to be buying Earl sessions older computer that he stopped using "i forget why" , i'll be running a getrag hooked to a .030 over 3800 s2 SC motor with smaller pulley and port work on the heads / SC . How bad am i gonna need a reprom to make the motor run right?
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Weponhead wrote:hey sinister, had some questions for you about the need to program a chip for .030 over , dont mean to threadjack but I'm going to be buying Earl sessions older computer that he stopped using "i forget why" , i'll be running a getrag hooked to a .030 over 3800 s2 SC motor with smaller pulley and port work on the heads / SC . How bad am i gonna need a reprom to make the motor run right?
You mean he stopped using "i forget why LOL"...

Anyways, IMHO, you won't NEED to reprogram the PCM, but it definately should be done, both for power and reliability.
Sinister Fiero

Post by Sinister Fiero »

DreX wrote:

Can you fix that?

DreX
I should be able to fix the issue but I am going to need a little more info first. Could you give me the version number that is on the chip you have? Also, is this a chip I sent directly to you, or is it a chip you got with the car or someone else? Has anything on your car or engine changed since you first got the chip?
Sinister Fiero

Post by Sinister Fiero »

Weponhead wrote:hey sinister, had some questions for you about the need to program a chip for .030 over , dont mean to threadjack but I'm going to be buying Earl sessions older computer that he stopped using "i forget why" , i'll be running a getrag hooked to a .030 over 3800 s2 SC motor with smaller pulley and port work on the heads / SC . How bad am i gonna need a reprom to make the motor run right?
Depends on what computer he was using, but it sounds like your engine could benefit from a custom chip program. PM or email me with that info so we can get the ball rolling on a custom chip for you.

-ryan
DreX

Post by DreX »

You send me the chip directly and I havent do anything more to the car. The engine isnt stock tho. I have headers, LS1 tb for what a/f tunning is worth to. If you need more info let me know. The version of the chip I cant remember, but I will go to my home tomorrow and can look at it. If I dont forget. :scratch:

DreX
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Last edited by SappySE107 on Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Phelps
60Degreev6.com
WOT-Tech.com
DreX

Post by DreX »

The O2 is in the 'Y' pipe just before the 90* bend to the flex pipe. The O2 get heated, I see the leds from the gauge moving arround.

What software I can use to scan the engine? Free of course, I have a ALDL cable btw.

Thanks
DreX
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Last edited by SappySE107 on Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Phelps
60Degreev6.com
WOT-Tech.com