Has anyone bought these lowering springs and how are they

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Rborecky

Has anyone bought these lowering springs and how are they

Post by Rborecky »

I am looking to lower my car but am trying to see about it without having to use lowering ball joints. Will these work http://www.sfxperformance.com/performan ... 251020.htm Any help would be great. Rick B
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

crzyone has those. he will tell you.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I have those but they look different than that picture

I only have one picture of them installed on the rear of my car, they look pretty good.

A pretty big difference between stock

I haven't driven the car with them yet but they look like they are very good quality.

Here is a picture of them when I got them

DreX

Post by DreX »

I have them and love them. :thumbleft: The car sits lower and corner like a train on rails. A bit harsh tho, but its a sport/performance car (mine at least) so I dont care. It doesnt bother me at all. If I wanted a ride quality I had a cadi instead.

DreX
DreX

Post by DreX »

Forgot, here is a pic of my car

DreX
Rborecky

Post by Rborecky »

And both of you have 1.7 rear and 1.8 fronts? I notice the rears seem to set higher on both.
In both cases neither of you had to do anything besides springs and alignment correct? No special control arms or ball joints? Thanks,,Rick B
DreX

Post by DreX »

No other part needed. I found that basically ytou will run at the limit of the camber.

In the front the upper balljoint go all the way out and the rear shoks went all the way in(cant remember). You will get the idea when you put them. Also since they are progressive rate the car wont bottom end, at least I never had. Maybe if you go airborn......

Also my bro told me yesterday that if you install themounting plate;the one that have the rubber inside; backwards the ride quality improves and the spings fits better. This are the rear ones. I have not done mines due that my car is at the other side of the state.

DreX
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

DreX wrote:Also my bro told me yesterday that if you install themounting plate;the one that have the rubber inside; backwards the ride quality improves and the spings fits better. This are the rear ones. I have not done mines due that my car is at the other side of the state.
Yeah, you shift the travel from extension to compression. This works fine with those springs.
With coilovers it makes them hard to adjust because at full droop the springs are compressed still at stock ride height!! They don't droop far enough.
DreX

Post by DreX »

Series8217 wrote:
DreX wrote:Also my bro told me yesterday that if you install themounting plate;the one that have the rubber inside; backwards the ride quality improves and the spings fits better. This are the rear ones. I have not done mines due that my car is at the other side of the state.
Yeah, you shift the travel from extension to compression. This works fine with those springs.
With coilovers it makes them hard to adjust because at full droop the springs are compressed still at stock ride height!! They don't droop far enough.
Cool :thumbleft:
Fast88Fiero

Post by Fast88Fiero »

I ordered a set earlier this week for my 86SE. :thumbleft:
88 coupe: 2.0 turbo 4. T25, w2a, meth injection