Buy my car.

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Buy my car.

Post by stimpy »

Well, I'm getting in that mood again. I've been out driving new cars, and having never owned a car newer then 7 years old I'm thinking it's time I grow up and get a grown up car. Plus there is the fact that the majority of Fiero people are social retards, and the "hobby" has gotten to be more a source of depression and anxiety for me then anything resembling fun. So, I'm in a receptive mood to taking offers.

If you don't know, the car is a 1986 GT that was rebuilt in 1997 to have the first Series 2 Supercharged 3800 swap using a then brand-new Series 2 engine (just introduced for the 97 model year) that was removed from a Bonneville SSEi by the GM QC team when they tore the car down for inspection with zero miles. The suspension was rebuilt using full poly bushings throughout. Since the swap, the car has logged over 75,000 daily driven miles and has been extremely reliable and is ungodly quick.

As the very first Series 2 Supercharged turnkey swap, it was a very expensive proposition, costing in excess of $15,000 plus car in 1997. Even today, a turn-key swap costs in the neighborhood of $7,000, and it is a gamble if you will have a reliable, bug-free car when you pick it up. This car has had all the bugs worked out, and I would not and do not hesitate to drive it any distance.

I'm not in a financial hardship, and I do have an emotional attachment to this car, so I'm not giving it away to the first girl that bats her eyes at me. Cash talks, so speak loudly.

Info and pics at Yahoo Autos Custom.
Last edited by stimpy on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

Do you accept bits of string?
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

If tied tightly around the appropriate necks, sure.
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

"I'd Kill for Stimpy's Car"

Tempting... did you have anyone in mind, or do I have to off myself? :scratch:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Fking74

Post by Fking74 »

the heck with string I have piano wire that works better around peoples necks... opps did I say that?? nevermind you didnt hear that from me!! so what if pigs will even eat bone
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

Good luck with all that. That car is worth more than anyone will pay for it, but at the same time not worth as much as some people would pay. Something like that anyway.

Why couldn't you keep it and get a new car?

I would make you an offer you could refuse, but I'll refrain from insulting you. :)
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO
'90 Camaro IROC-Z twin-turbo - For Sale (maybe)
(And too many more!)
There's no replacement for turbo placement
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Mostly my wife hates the car for how the drama with Fiero people is. 9 out of every 10 Fiero owner that you meet, especially through a club or a forum like .nl, are complete social failures. In Oklahoma, they were nice enough, so it was entertaining. But in California they're just mean.

Plus the car is too fast. It's a lot of fun, and terribly exciting, but I equate it with dating a hooker. She's great at what she does, but she's trouble. I've gone 39 years without being arrested, but this car can get me to felony speed in less time then it takes to tie a shoe.

But, if I don't sell it, I don't sell it. I think I'd hate myself someday if I did.
ditch

Post by ditch »

stimpy wrote:Mostly my wife hates the car for how the drama with Fiero people is. 9 out of every 10 Fiero owner that you meet, especially through a club or a forum like .nl, are complete social failures.
If all the bugs are worked out and it runs great as you say, there's no need to associate with any other fiero owners.

Maybe trade it for a cup of chocolate flavored semen? :thumbup:
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

You're nasty.
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

Well, that first sentence made sense.

You can always forget everyone else, associating with like-car owners is optional, and no reason to sell it.

The car being your 2-dollar whore on wheels is, however. Shoot... Speaking of, I need to sell all my cars and buy a hybrid Civic. But then I'd hate myself too.

Park it somewhere safe under a car cover for several years, only taking it out on special occasions. I think you'd appreciate it more that way, and it wouldn't be toying with your emotions. Kind of an out of sight out of mind approach. I don't know if that would work, however, but it seems like it would.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

What time is it? I must be crazy?
Last edited by stimpy on Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I will take it but only if You cover shipping and all taxes and tags as well as a fresh hot dog waiting for me when it arrives.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

I got yer hot weiner...right here.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

I don't like even posting these comments but I would buy that in a second if you were anywhere near me. Sorry man. *sigh*
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Come on people, Southwest Airlines is cheap as hell.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Here's why.
Linky
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Automatic? You already have one of those! Come on Jeffery, go for the 5-speed at least!
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Like this?

Tell me about it. I'm working on it with Barbara, but I don't think she'll cave. But I've been getting used to the autostick more and more.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

There ya go.

Now get that, sell the silver car, and keep the Fiero and the orange PT ;-)
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

No, I'm done with the Fiero. I'm a marked man in Salinas in that car.