Anybody not work a typical 9-5?

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

whipped

Anybody not work a typical 9-5?

Post by whipped »

I want something low risk... stock market isn't for me.

I'm looking into importing things to sell on ebay... getting quotes and what not. I'm not even sure if it's feasable or worth it.

Seems like there are dot com millionaires everywhere. Just have to find a niche.

I'm also kind of considering getting into simple/cheap transmission controllers. There seems to be some market there. Just have to find a way to mass manufacture them without spending 6+ hours on each one like my previous controller.

Anybody have any suggestions/comments/tips? And why am I even asking you guys? You're probably as broke as me, working for The Man like everyone else. :whip:
My fiero is aliiiive!!
product1620

Post by product1620 »

Are you handy with body work??? If your looking to make money on the side look into buying low mileage salvage cars and fix them then sale them off. There are tons of places that sale them, you just have to look; there are salvage auctions, websites and even salvage car lots. There is a lot of money to be had in this buisness, if you sale cars that people want to buy. Here are some cars that we've had pretty good success with: Mustangs, sunfires, Explorers, cavaliers, Neons, 300's, and monte carlo's. Don't worry to much about bent frames because any thing can be fixed if you have the right shop doing the job (you should see some of the cars we've fixed). How we do it, is after we buy a car we send it directly to a local shop to straighten the frame, then it goes to our place for the body pannels and miscolanious odds and ends, then we usaully send it out to get painted, but that will change once we get a new shop with more room. If your inrterested in doing this let me know and i'll try to answer any questions you might have.
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I worked 9 to 10. Does that count? that's AM to PM.

You could build a time machine and go back to the year 1999 and become a dot com milionaire.
whipped

Post by whipped »

product1620 wrote:Are you handy with body work??? If your looking to make money on the side look into buying low mileage salvage cars and fix them then sale them off.
Interesting... I think I've learned that I hate body work though. and I don't think I have the room to do any engine work really, so buying them with blown engines is out.
My fiero is aliiiive!!
whipped

Post by whipped »

eHoward wrote: You could build a time machine and go back to the year 1999 and become a dot com milionaire.
Even if I found a delorean, I couldn't afford it
My fiero is aliiiive!!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Why buy a Delorean when you can build this?

Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

Speaking of off ebay...
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Mach10 wrote:Speaking of off ebay...
lmao napolean dynomite style
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

wtf is that?
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Weponhead wrote:wtf is that?
watch napolean dynomite... then you'll understand why its so funny
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Teh time machine!
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I'm a shift worker, work 12 hour days or nights. Its good for time off, only work 15 days a month.
Formula

Post by Formula »

I work 9-6, but most people usually leave at 5.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

9-6 every weekday, then 7:30-11:30 3 days per week, and on, off, on, off, off saturday schedule from 9-3 but get free lunch
It's not Skyline fast, but it does alright
whipped

Post by whipped »

I knew it. You're ALL slaves to The Man. Get back to work. :whip:
AntiCooter

Post by AntiCooter »

7:30~3:45, Monday through Friday, every weekend off, holidays off, couple of weeks off for Christmas, 1 week off in the spring, 1 week off in the fall, paid sick leave, 3 personal leave days per year, 10 months on, 2 months off in the summer, good insurance plan, on-site crapeteria that serves a daily hot lunch for $2.00, and some other perks that I just can't think of right now. The stress level is pretty high, the work is mental and frustrating sometimes. But when all is said and done, I enjoy what I do.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

AntiCooter wrote:7:30~3:45, Monday through Friday, every weekend off, holidays off, couple of weeks off for Christmas, 1 week off in the spring, 1 week off in the fall, paid sick leave, 3 personal leave days per year, 10 months on, 2 months off in the summer, good insurance plan, on-site crapeteria that serves a daily hot lunch for $2.00, and some other perks that I just can't think of right now. The stress level is pretty high, the work is mental and frustrating sometimes. But when all is said and done, I enjoy what I do.
In other words, a teacher
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

I never work the same "hours" twice. My delivery schedule has me doing stuff as early as 5 AM to as late as coming home at 5AM. I do a shit ton of mid day to evening stuff mostly, and weekends are primetime for us. Holidays are pretty much guaranteed to bring a long day on the road.

A paper dog will successfully chase an asbestos cat through hell long before we have regular hours at my work... :la:
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Midnight to 8am. I work six days on and two days off resulting in two three day weekends during a six week cycle. I only get holidays off if I take vacation time or if it happens to fall on my day off. And I've been lazy lately so I only do about 6 hours per week of overtime.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Last edited by SappySE107 on Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every criticism, judgment, diagnosis, and expression of anger is the tragic expression of an unmet need. -Marshall Rosenberg