How much is this worth?

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

FieroGuy9890

How much is this worth?

Post by FieroGuy9890 »

This isn't acctually a car up for sale. It's the fiero i've been buying and now feel i'm getting ripped off on. It's a 1985 Fiero 2m4 5-speed. Also the car did not run or drive when i got possesion of it. And the car was very hard to move (took 3 people pushing just to get it across the street) because the brake pads were nearly rusted onto the brake discs.

Options and add-ons.

Sunroof - leaks
Power windows - aftermarket kit, don't roll up or down with out help, and need replaced.
5-speed manual trans. - Clutch needs replaced.
Pioneer AM/FM tape deck - tapes won't play in it.

Things that needed replaced.

Clutch
Window motors
Fuel pump
4 new tires (old ones were on for the past 9 years unmoved)
Alternator
Fuel sending unit
Thermostat
Thermostat housing and cap

Other info.
Car sat not moving or running for around 9 years.
The drivers side seat is badly ripped.
Passengers seat has cigarette burn hole in the lower part of the seat.
Gaskets around screws in the sunroof leak.
Spare tire had a patch put in that won't hold air pressure above about 10-20psi
Some rust on out side of the trunk area toward the top.
Hole in the muffler.

Thats about all that i can think of right now. My question is how much would you see fair to pay for such a car? Thank you in advance for your help.

EDIT: The car has 101,464 miles on the original engine.
It's a never ending project... That I may never get to start.
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

$200? maybe .. just to drive it off a cliff , without the 5 spd in it?
MNFatz

Post by MNFatz »

If you've already done the work to it, it's an ok car. I'd say about $750, maybe $1000 to the right buyer. Most of the problems you brought up are typical items--you just got a typical fiero, that's all.

If you still need to do all of that work to it, the price would be based on how much gas you've got in the tank.
FieroGuy9890

Post by FieroGuy9890 »

here are some pics

Image[/img]
FieroGuy9890

Post by FieroGuy9890 »

weapon what about without the 5speed in it. It's got the trans and it works fine.

and MN. as far as things i've done, I've done the fuel pump(lifetime warrenty) but that was a bitch to replace, and i've done the alternator also lifetime warrenty. I replaced the gaskets from the head gasket up. I replaced the radio although just a cheap tape deck so i could use the CD player addapter and not spend much money. I've patched the muffler, didn't hold the first time so i'll do it again. I temporarily fixed the sunroof leaks near the bolts with marine epoxy underneath them.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I concur with above... not more than 200-300. It's basically a neglected hulk. Whoever owns it should be paying you to haul it away considering it's been sitting with no love for 9 years. If it were worth something to the guy, he would have been working on it.

You can probably find cars in better shape for similar coin.
slow'n'steady

Post by slow'n'steady »

i dont really know enough to say much, but i got my old one (the red 85) for $300 and it ran great, 5 speed good clutch no leaks or anything, only thing i had to do was change the plugs/wires and get a new ignition. interior was prolly a 6 out of 10.

and i got my current 87 for $400, but that was off ebay from an impoun dlot, had been sittin for 5 years or so. but only had like 80XXX miles, interior is 9/10, paint 8/10, engine i finaly got runnin only to pull for the TDC swap. and it has not a spot of rust (that i could find). however now they want $1500 for the title, so i may have a nice DOHC swapped lifesize figurine