FS: 1986 Ninja ZX1000R prior owner ran 8's

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

MNFatz

FS: 1986 Ninja ZX1000R prior owner ran 8's

Post by MNFatz »

At least that's what CaliforniaKid would say.

Actually, it's just a nice Ninja ZX1000R-A1. Never seen a drag strip it's entire life. I've owned this bike since roughly 1991. It has 40,732 miles on it, almost all of which were put on it prior to 1993. The bike was stored since about 1993 until 2001. I pulled it out of storage, cleaned the carbs and replaced the float needles. These bike are not slow; out of the box they run 10s with a jockey on them.

What kind of major repairs have been done to it?

1) Fixed 2nd gear under an aftermarket warranty I bought when I purchased the bike. The repair was done at about 39,000 miles. This happened around 1992 prior to the bike being put into storage; there's somewhere less than about 3000 miles on the transmission.

What kind of maintencance was done to it?

1) New rear tire.
2) New brake pads.
3) Oil changes at the beginning of every season I rode the bike. A few more than that when I took it out of storage.
4) New throttle cables.
5) New fork seals before I put the bike into storage. I just went out and checked them and they both still look good.
6) New 630 O-ring chain. It has around 3000 miles on it.
7) New water pump seal. GPz motors drive the waterpump through the oil gallery. The rear seal on these pumps give way and let oil drip out through the water pump weep hole.
8) Coolant changed a few times.
9) Brake fluid replaced front and rear.

What kind of mods have been done to it?

1) Rejetted with a K&N Stage 3 kit
2) Airbox removed and K&N slingshot airfilters installed.
3) Vance and Hines 4-1 pipe installed.
3) Converted from 632 to 630 chain for obvious reasons.

What does it need?

1) Not much.
2) One of the front oil pipes has a slow leak at a banjo joint. One ten cent crush washer and motivation willl fix it. I'm fresh out of motivation.
3) A tune up. It's been awhile.

What extras come with the bike?

1) Old airbox.
2) Original headpipe. I don't have the original silencers.
3) Extra set of brake calipers.
4) Extra set of brake rotors.
4) larger aluminum rear sprocket. I think it's +7 teeth, I can't remember.
5) Repair book. Clymer I think.
6) OEM center stand.
7) Extra water pump.

I just bought another motorcycle and it's time for this one to go to a new home. It's NOT flawless; it's 20 years old. I pesonally dropped it once in a sand parking lot of a bar in northern Minnesota. There are scuffs here and there on the high points of the sides of the fairing. The tank, tail and front fairing and fender are in really good shape. Even with the rejetting it's good for about 30 or so MPG.

$1500.00

Before I wrote this ad I started up the motorcycle and took it around the block for the first time since late 2004. I'm certain it could use new plugs and a good tune up, but it still runs and drives fine.

Title is clear and in hand, bike is in the Chicago area. Bike is still titled in MN. All trades for anything considered. We can work out something for delivery if need be. I've got a truck and I can rent a uhaul trailer.

If you're interested PLEASE send me a private message and I'll get more detailed pics of the entire bike done. I lost by camera USB cable and have only this one to post for this ad.

edit: You should be able to click this pic to supersize it, but ImageVenue seems to be crapping out at the moment.

p.s. Concerning the CaliforniaKid reference. CaliforniaKid is the name of someone who hangs out at www.fiero.com who makes Baron Munchausen look like The Pope. He's claimed things as wild as Carroll Shelby endorsing his fiero as the 'the cobra of the new millenium' and owning a 9 second ninja 900 with stock tires.