Might as well start advertizing. 3.4TDC Fiero fo' Sale!

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Might as well start advertizing. 3.4TDC Fiero fo' Sale!

Post by Mach10 »

H'okay.

I'm not especially wanting to do this, having had a blast and learned a LOT with this particular car. It's not completely back together, but it should be ready within the week, barring any delays

But, time marches on, and I'm at a point in my life where I have to stop, look around, and realize that I want to bust the FUCK out of this cesspit shithole of a city and go somewhere else.

For starters, I'm heading to Europe for a few months, and when I get back, I'm moving out east.

I'm not desparate for cash, and I'd like to keep the car around, but I realize that I'd rather go to Spain and come back with money in the bank, rather than let my accounts bleed dry.

SO.

It's a white 1984 Fiero SE 4-spd with a 3.4L DOHC motor (out of a '95 z34 Monte Carlo). The date of the new motor is in contention as is actual mileage. It was sold to me as a '94 Monte (only ever saw the engine), but there were never any 94 montes... It's got the 91-94 intake manifold (1-piece upper + TB). Plus it has the newer style cam, and a very strange looking cylinder head (intake ports look just like 96+, but has "D" exhaust ports).

I had finished the engine swap last year, a 1993 3.4DOHC V6.

That one had tossed a piston, so I bought another used one, and am just finishing the bottom-end rebuild. The new motor is a 95 DOHC (newer, better heads, slightly better cams but with the ODB1 intake). Motor makes 215 stock, but the intake has been ported and the heads blended.

It's coming back together now, I should be done fairly soon. Motor's assembled, on the cradle, and I'm putting the 2.5" mandrel-bent exhaust together.

The Good:
-1995 Monte Carlo Z34 3.4 Twin Dual Cam (rebuilt bottom-end)
-M19 Saginaw 4-spd tranny (4.10:1 final drive)
-New tranny seals
-Short shifter
-New Clutch
-2.5" mandrel-bent exhaust, Flowmaster-80 muffler
-Lowered 1.5"
-KYB gas-a-just shocks/struts all 4 corners
-new brake calipers all 'round
-new brake rotors
-new brake pads
-New tranny seals
-New timing belt
-[being built] new custom mandrel-bent exhaust (2-1/4" crossover, 2-1/2" main, Flowmaster 80 crossflow muffler)
-New fuel pump
-Polished 14" Turbine wheels
-New engine mounts
-New brake lines
-New Custom 3-core copper rad
-Autometer temp/oil/8000rpm tach
-Pioneer Premier P550 deck
-Alpine 6.5" coax speakers (front)
-Pioneer 3" (4 in headrests) speakers
-New Rad Fan
-Custom PROM (removed emissions controls; EGR, CPS, etc, thanks Darth!)
-New wheel bearings
-Former BC car, so the frame is in great shape, except for the trunk, which has minor rust. (see
notes below)

The Bad:
-The paint isn't great. It's in decent shape--not peeling. I'm seriously considering getting it repainted, but if I do that, count on the price to rise accordingly.
-2 Decklids; I have one White trunk-lid, which is the 84 style with the center vent. Good on ventilation, and has a certain European sport coupe charm... I also have a newer-style decklid, with the more aggressive "hump" over the motor. I don't have a preference myself, but the "hump" decklid is red...
-Interior is in good shape, except for driver's seat, which is worn through at the door-side bolster (like all Fieros). I usually cover this with a seat-cover.
-Trunk has minor rust, had been perforated and repaired several years ago. Repair is holding just fine, however.
-Chassis has ~200k on it. Trans is original AFAIK, shifts fine, holds the power VERY well, no clashing.
-Has a newer set of winter tires (rated allseason, but they are almost criminal on ice and snow). The "summer" tires are included, but they are in rough shape. Basically, the winter tires are MORE than safetiable(Only drove them for 2 winters), and you have a spare set of decent 14" rims to play with.

If you're interested, let me know. It'll be done fairly soon. Once the exhaust is done, it's an afternoon job to shoehorn it back in. If you want to come by and look it over while it's still apart, drop me a line.

I'm having the car inspected and safetied (Manitoba). I'm looking for around $5000CDN, complete and in good running trim.

I'd be willing to deliver anywhere within 8 hours of me, in any direction, less the cost of fuel and some food. If you live further, someone's gonna have to get me back home somehow... Transaction will have to be complete BEFORE september 4th
Last edited by Mach10 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

If it matters, they 96-97 intake ports look very similiar to the 94-95. However there was a change from 91-93 to the 94-95 heads. It was minor, the seperating edge was cut back about 1/2" on the newer ones, but flow numbers were up about 10-15cfm on the intake side of the 94-95 heads over the 91-93s. AFAIK, the 96 intakes ide is nearly identical to the 94-95.

But when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter, they are all better than any other GM V6 head.
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

That's what I figured... Good to know. My confusion was that I thought the 95s had the newer intake manifold and older cam locks.

Ok... I guess I should market them as the "High Performance" heads! :thumbleft:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

You can't sell a car without pics.
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

The car is up in the air with no cradle... I'm going to wait until I have the exhaust assembled, the mess in the garage cleaned up, and the car tidied up. *Then* I will provide. Maybe a few tonight.

For now, it's a white 84 coupe... Or has TV rotted your imagination? :angel:
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Mach10 wrote: For now, it's a white 84 coupe...
:puke:
Or has TV rotted your imagination? :angel:
I don't watch TV :fart:
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Series8217 wrote: I don't watch TV :fart:
Yah, his hair was inspired from the 80s

:afrocool:
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

You're just angry 'cos I didn't buy that muffler from you... :angel:

In any case, I described the car clearly in the first post... What's the confusion? :scratch:
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

what are you buying when your fiero sells? dont say something fruity and ghey like a Saturn Sky Redline.... those are built for the "gender confused"
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

I'm planning on buying lots, and lots, and LOTS of alcohol while in Europe.

No plans for another car just yet; what money I have left is going towards a down-payment on a house.

I'll buy another Fiero when I have my OWN garage to work in. :thumbleft:
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

What part of Europe are you going to be in?

Any side trips to Asia by chance?
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

Ha! I wish... I'm heading to Spain to hang out with my relatives for a month. Then the Fiancee and I are going to hit up France, Germany, Belgium, and the UK.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

So is there anyone on this forum who wouldn't gladly dump their Fiero if a sucker, er, I mean, the right buyer came along?
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

Not gladly... If I can find another $2000cdn lying around somewhere, I won't bother selling the car.

But on the other hand I have other plans for Fieros... One ain't enough. The difference is that I don't have the room to keep 3 or 4 of 'em! :thumbleft:
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Cleaned up Mach, sorry about that.
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

Heh... No worries... I can take a little O/T, but 2 pages was a little much...

The rest of you clowns: Ask questions about the damn car already! :cussing:
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

Ba-da-Bump!

$4300USD for all you non-cannukies.

I'm ready and willing to drive 6 hours out for free if you meet my asking price.

I spent the afternoon yesterday detailing the car. I was surprised to find that under the grime from being parked under an Ash tree for 2 years... There was a white 84 that is in ASTONISHINGLY good condition... :scratch:

I took pics but forgot my USB cable. I'll post 'em tonight.