Cam Timing

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

greengoblin0129

Post by greengoblin0129 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Here is a guy looking to sell a fairly fresh dohc drivetrain right in Indiana and it includes the whole car which is still driveable. Has a 284 5 spd too which is rare. Or just buy the engine for $700. Not sure what you are paying for this other one from boosted

http://60degreev6.com/showthread.php?t=34262

$1500 for the whole car and probably a better engine then what you are getting. Take what you need, junk the car, sell the tranny on ebay for a good price.
I'm paying $500 for the whole swap...Engine, ECM, mounts, and full wiring harness all ready to go. Only thing I have to buy pretty much is a better clutch then the one I have now. Looking at the Spec 2's. I might just clean it and drop it in the way it sits because my engine is not doing the best right now. Get another 3.4DOHC engine and take time to fix it up and drop it in when i'm ready and not rush it. Thanks for the info everyone.

-Ryan
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

SappySE107 wrote:"You're right, they don't. But they do tell us that the engine is getting significantly more air past 5500rpm. The chip that was professionally made for a 3.4 with the 13* retard, when put on my car made it run pig rich past 6,000rpm, down to about a 10:1 A:F ratio. "

What! You are calling me a professional now? ROFL aaron, you are a hipocrite. That chip wasn't dyno tuned nor was it setup for your car. It was something I did with a car on the street with a narrow band O2 sensor. It was pig rich on his car as well so you haven't proven shit with that chip. Don't tell me I suck at tuning one minute and then say its professional the next. God damn you fucking suck and bring this site down with your incorrect information. But they won't ban you so whatever.
By definition anyone who cahrges a fee for a service or product is a professional. Doesn't mean they are good or bad, just that they are a professional. I am a professional Public Safety officer, for example.

I never said that chip was dynoed, and I know it wasn't setup for my car. However the fact that someone paid you to tune their car, and then you give them a chip that's pig rich? Nice of you. You obviously do suck at tuning. I guess I assumed you knew what you were doing, and when you tuned a car, didn't make it to where it was 10:1. Guess I was wrong. I hope your customers like running 10:1.
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Last edited by SappySE107 on Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Phelps
60Degreev6.com
WOT-Tech.com
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

SappySE107 wrote:Too bad josh didn't pay me to tune it. He also drove the car for the testing and said that the car felt better at the point that chip was done. Not done on a dyno nor with a wide band.
Here we go again, "the car felt better." I guess that's how you tune cars, without any of the proper equipment, and actually making it worse than stock.
You didn't pay me to reflash your chip with the experimental code either. The option was there to flash it back to the original tuning I sold you.

Thats about all I have to say on the topic of cam timing.
I didn't pay you, you're right. Because I had purchased the chip a while back, and you said lifetime updates (As most of your competitors do too). Only difference is their chip costs half the price, and I doubt they'd let a car out the doors running 10:1.
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Last edited by SappySE107 on Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Phelps
60Degreev6.com
WOT-Tech.com
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Mind posting any of these dyno sheets?

Better yet, do you have any?
MNFatz

Post by MNFatz »

SappySE107 wrote:no, i dyno tune my final chips. What part of experimental dont you compehend?
Everyone here (and every other forum he's been banned from) knows Aaron is a poser. Why in the hell are you even bothering to argue with him?
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Ben Phelps
60Degreev6.com
WOT-Tech.com