maybe dragons really did exist

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Kohburn
FierHo

maybe dragons really did exist

Post by Kohburn »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060905/ap_ ... olto_dinos

"Dodson suggests that 1,850 genera will eventually be discovered. So far 527 genera have been found.

Fossilization itself is a rare event, they note, and as many as half of the dinosaur genera that ever existed may have left no remains."

or even that there aren't more modern human remains dating much farther and contradicting some of the current timeline of human evolution (which also has a lot of holes never filled)

theres a lot out there, who knows what
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

The whole "human evoluton theory" is so rediculously flawed its funny.

The NEW theory of "donks way or the highway" makes way more sense.

We didnt evolve from monkeys / cro magnon / neanderthal... They were seperate "tribes" that were not as smart... so they died off. see? makes way more sense.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

mmm...dragons
hell, why not? how would it change my life if there were or weren't dragons....

and yes, Evolution is mostly junk as a theory, but its so much better than ">< poof >< there be people!"

and also - not sure of this, but - I think neanderthal has been proven to be a seperate species - not related to us homo sapiens at all, with no "evolution" link. and like Donkway says - they was not as smart, and was probably killed off by us Homo'Sapiens for being dumb ugly neandrathals.
mysticfire6602

Post by mysticfire6602 »

i want a jackalope
product1620

Post by product1620 »

I concur, evolution is very flawed, and personally I'd like to see it taken out of schools or atleast not taught as fact, (as it is now). I did, however, love to shoot questions to my teacher that I knew she couldn't answer honestly. If they can't teach biology while showing both point of views (creationism, and evolution) than they shouldn't be teaching either of them.
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

product1620 wrote:I concur, evolution is very flawed, and personally I'd like to see it taken out of schools or atleast not taught as fact, (as it is now). I did, however, love to shoot questions to my teacher that I knew she couldn't answer honestly. If they can't teach biology while showing both point of views (creationism, and evolution) than they shouldn't be teaching either of them.
>< POOF >< there be people

that is just silly.
it is the "theory of evolution" - not fact. it is tought as a theory. and it has many problems.
I will take the "theory" over humans were shat out of the ass of the sun god.
whipped

Post by whipped »

Jesus touched me... does that mean I have to tell a grown up?

whipped

Post by whipped »

mysticfire6602 wrote:i want a jackalope
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0022326290

:thumbleft:
product1620

Post by product1620 »

Pyrthian wrote:
product1620 wrote:I concur, evolution is very flawed, and personally I'd like to see it taken out of schools or atleast not taught as fact, (as it is now). I did, however, love to shoot questions to my teacher that I knew she couldn't answer honestly. If they can't teach biology while showing both point of views (creationism, and evolution) than they shouldn't be teaching either of them.

that is just silly.
it is the "theory of evolution" - not fact. it is tought as a theory. and it has many problems.
They don't teach it as theory, they teach it as FACT at all the public schools ive been to. Saying that we were created by a higher being is no more silly then saying we came from monkeys. IMO they shouldn't push God on people at school any more than they should push Darwin; so to make everyone happy, why don't we just exclude both?
1998 Mustang GT
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

product1620 wrote:
Pyrthian wrote:

that is just silly.
They don't teach it as theory, they teach it as FACT at all the public schools ive been to. Saying that we were created by a higher being is no more silly then saying we came from monkeys. IMO they shouldn't push God on people at school any more than they should push Darwin; so to make everyone happy, why don't we just exclude both?
"Science class" objective is to teach people about the scientific method and provide examples that follow it. The Theory of Natural Selection is a theory that follows the scientific method. Creation does not, therefore has no place in the "Science" class. One belongs in a science class, the other in english/lit.

For example: The theory of newtonian gravity has been proven to be flawed but is still taught as an example of the scientific method.

What you should really argue is whether the Science class belongs in school. Science much like Christianity can be both considered religions. Logic would dictate that subscribing to both leads to hypocrisy.

EDIT: Clean up "terminology" to avoid confusion.
Last edited by zonyl on Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Please folks, use the right terminology so you don't cause more confusion over this argument. Most people who have made up their mind about evolution/natural selection don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Evolution is a fact. YOU CAN WATCH IT HAPPEN. The Theory of Natural Selection is a theory about how it occurs and causes speciation, etc.
Arguing that "evolution is flawed" makes you sound like a complete dumbass. It's like saying "growth is flawed".
mysticfire6602

Post by mysticfire6602 »

growth IS flawed. ask aarons dick
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

mysticfire6602 wrote:growth IS flawed. ask aarons dick
Yes, the growth of aaron's dick is not factual.
whipped

Post by whipped »

hahahaha

a well played turn of events
whipped

Post by whipped »

Series8217 wrote:
Arguing that "evolution is flawed" makes you sound like a complete dumbass. It's like saying "growth is flawed".
evolution explains why whales have legs:

:thumbleft:
whipped

Post by whipped »

donk_316 wrote: We didnt evolve from monkeys / cro magnon / neanderthal... They were seperate "tribes" that were not as smart... so they died off. see? makes way more sense.
and where did the tribes come from? :bootyshake:
mysticfire6602

Post by mysticfire6602 »

other evolving tribes :thumbleft:
product1620

Post by product1620 »

whipped wrote:
donk_316 wrote: We didnt evolve from monkeys / cro magnon / neanderthal... They were seperate "tribes" that were not as smart... so they died off. see? makes way more sense.
Can you answer that?
1998 Mustang GT
product1620

Post by product1620 »

zonyl wrote:
product1620 wrote:
Pyrthian wrote:

that is just silly.
"Science class" objective is to teach people about the scientific method and provide examples that follow it. The Theory of Natural Selection is a theory that follows the scientific method. Creation does not, therefore has no place in the "Science" class. One belongs in a science class, the other in english/lit.

For example: The theory of newtonian gravity has been proven to be flawed but is still taught as an example of the scientific method.

What you should really argue is whether the Science class belongs in school. Science much like Christianity can be both considered religions. Logic would dictate that subscribing to both leads to hypocrisy.

EDIT: Clean up "terminology" to avoid confusion.
Then we shouldn't have either class; not includeing all "sciences", but anything that has to do with, how the earth came about, how old it is, how people/animals came about, should be banned from the regular curriculum; I think it should only be aloud as a voluntary elective.
1998 Mustang GT
whipped

Post by whipped »

product1620 wrote:
whipped wrote:
Can you answer that?
Sure!

hehehe ;)