couple questions. whats the dea with this "like its on

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Fastback86 wrote:Run up Calaveras Canyon sounds like fun. I haven't had a real good run in a while. Gotta see if I can still keep up with Steven, now that his car is way better than mine. How bout it?
Where's Calaveras?

My car still isn't running.. maybe will have it on the road on Saturday.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Milpitas, up off 680. Mapquest it, its twisty as hell.
<Insert Sig Here>
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Fastback86 wrote:Milpitas, up off 680. Mapquest it, its twisty as hell.
Just come down to LA.
z.MacK
Use a smaller avatar

Post by z.MacK »

Pyrthian wrote: 5th - I dunno what you did wrong with yours, but it is wrong. normally, if you go into a corner to fast with stock, or close to stock Fiero, the FRONT slides, not the rear. you are either letting off the gas, or your rear suspension is way off.
He says the truth. If your back end is coming out, you are doing something very wrong. Or else your talking shit.

Either sounds very likely.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

z.MacK wrote:
Pyrthian wrote: 5th - I dunno what you did wrong with yours, but it is wrong. normally, if you go into a corner to fast with stock, or close to stock Fiero, the FRONT slides, not the rear. you are either letting off the gas, or your rear suspension is way off.
He says the truth. If your back end is coming out, you are doing something very wrong. Or else your talking shit.

Either sounds very likely.
I took the freeway on ramp in my low miles fiero yesterday at a pretty good rate of speed and the back end on that fiero still wants to slide out.
so what the fuck am i doing wrong then? the ass is heavy and u can feel it want to come out. the only time i have had the front slide "understeer is when i come into a apex to close to the inside corner like on no problem raceway.

also the more gas i give the more it wants to send the back end out on me. when i let off it stays in check better
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

84fierotrevor wrote: also the more gas i give the more it wants to send the back end out on me. when i let off it stays in check better
that completely backwards from normal fiero behavior - i would start checking the rear suspension for worn tie rods/bushings and proper alignment.

that behavior usually indicates improper toe on the fiero but its also typically when turning one direction or the other and not as often both.
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

Kohburn wrote:that behavior usually indicates improper toe on the fiero but its also typically when turning one direction or the other and not as often both.
Ya Ya - bad rear toe - makes it so you only have ONE tire gripping at any time. this will definitely make the rear end tough to keep behind you.

but, he may also just have zero strut dampening from is still original struts, and its just crazy bumpsteer making the back wheels flapping like a pussy fart
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

My '87 GT used to have really bad body roll at high speeds, even with new shocks, struts, and alignment. I could actually feel the rear end lifting and getting ready to let go. I tell you it wasn't a good feeling.
My solution was to add a rear sway bar. This got rid of a lot of the body roll and made the handling more flat, neutral and predictable. There certainly was a noticeable difference in the handling.
Now my car really handles like it's on rails. :thumbleft:
I treat others as they treat me
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Ok dude, not this weekend but next weekend, you gonna be in the LA area? I'm going to be up the in canyons.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

just drove from medford to sanfransico today. am currently sitting in the san jose airport waiting to pick up a friend. drove the fiero. give me a day or two to get into a apartment and I will let u know how it looks.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

You shoulda called, negro. I was in San Jose today. We could have done lunch.